Jambands.ca

Fucking the Dawg is hard work

Esau

just took a nap on the board room table (I'm sure that's a first for this office and personally for that matter)- I'm doing everything shy of rocking out in my tighty whities Tom Cruise risky business style (which would be made even more difficult by the fact that I'm freeballin'!)

Drinking at work is always fun.

Other than that, my supplementary reads are:

www.chartattack.com

www.cbcradio3.com (great archive section as well)

www.nationalpost.com

www.newmusiccanada.com

Oh Kung, you'd love this site:

www.truthhorse.com

These guys I know do spoof commercials, trailers, songs, etc. I think you'd appreciate their sense of humour... take a gander!

So most of my office (hell all except the receptionist who's out at lunch now too) are out of town at a conference and I am fucking the dog hard. Have you ever noticed that it's almost as hard (or harder) not to work as it is too. It's as if you have to work at not working- know what I mean? So far I've read jambase, jambands.com/ca, and jamhub cover to cover. I collected all of the Canadian slip set lists and am coming up with a master list of all the songs they've played and haven't in Canada. Now I'm going to alphabetize my slip list. Anybody got any suggestions for some semi-thoughtful/trippy reading materials or activities. I'm hurtin'.

hehe Nice...

I know how it is, when your not doing any work the day can go by painfully slow. It doesn't matter how many times you refresh this skank page, sometimes there are just no new messages to read.

When I'm really bored I either start building new functions on my website, or read eBooks. eBooks are a great way to pass the time, and are particularily stealthy since they are just plain text files. Tolkien and William Gibson helped me greatly to pass the days at my last job.

And if your *really* bored, your should write your jamaholic confession. [smile]

I'm here to save you:

1. The sanctuary is the biggest fucking time-waster ever!

2. Download an NES or SNES emulator and play games in a window! Learn the pwoer of alt-tab! Master Zelda! (www.zsnes.com)

3. Scan the Blogs on Livejournal (can't believe you don't have your own there)

4. Set up a spreadsheet in MS Excel and keep track of all your expenses. Design formulas that automatically track your debits and credits...predict your spending. I've been doing this for a few moths and as lame as it sounds, I have money when I need it

5. Download photoshop and make up CD art for Slip concerts you want to burn

6. Read Google News

7. Go to the DEA website and check out their drug pictures

Archived