Jambands.ca

Jam Cruise 8

Kanada Kev

I would love to go this January.

It ends the day before my birthday.

It would be a great way to spend some time with my old friends from DSO and check out some great bands along the way.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get the time off work. The first week of January is not the best time for a college instructor to ask for holidays :(

Plus, my passport is expired and I keep spending money on my damn business, so I'm broke!

i went. it is truly a unique and fantastic experience. i mean its so nice to not worry about stuff like food, what to bring in you pack etc. the only thing you need is a ton of energy to party that hard for all those days and cash as it is pricey but imo well worth it. cabins sell out fast, especially the ones for two people so basically you would have to book asap for next year.

the trip was 1200 or so per person plus flights. this however was for a room with a window. i think the cheapest was 750 or so per person when i went. remember though this inlcudes all food and juices etc. alcohol and soft drinks are extra. so for a weeks vacation its pretty much awesome. one of the highlights for me was standing on the pool deck listening to warren haynes play solo. as it was bad weather outside most people skipped it, and there was maybe thirty of us out there.

i would not go every year personally, but its an experience you will never forget.

Jam Cruise has gotta be the best senario for a festival ever! I went last year and can't do it this year. I think there may be a few cabins left.

Line up meh???? One thing that I realized last year is that no matter what it looks like on paper, they allways have an epic line up. You discover so many bands there. This one looks great to me. I'm so glad it's not "Indy Cruise". They definetely lean towards the funk. Big New Orleans vibe.

Cost: My wife and I had a room with a balcony (which was super slick!) and paid total $3000 for that. We got that room 'cause we booked late and that's what was left. It would have been 2,400, but I'm so glad we got it. Then our booze and on board bill was about $500, plus flights from Vancouver. We had a place to stay in Florida, but we did hotel the night after the cruise, so total cost including everything was probably about a little over $5,000.

Only problem is that if you decide to go, you may feel the need to add Phish Miami to your tab which will add a fair bit of time and money. Hmmmmm will anyone from Phish be on the boat??? You never know.

I can't go this year, but I do plan to save for it and go every year that I can after that.

AMAZING!!!!