Jambands.ca

Blakroc- Black Keys and Hip Hoppers

Northern Wish

Blakroc gets its own Camaro. (It's black.)

Blakroc is the imminent album featuring blues duo the Black Keys collaborating with hip-hop heavies like Mos Def, RZA, and Raekwon. And because nothing says "unlikely rap-rock side project" like a customized sports car, you can also buy an all-black-everything Blakroc Chevy Camaro the same day the album drops this Friday, November 27. This is real.

According to a (unintentionally?) comical press release on the car's official website, "the BlakRoc Camaro has been equipped with sleek, stylish accents that tie in with the BlakRoc brand." Considering all the flash and talk of "branding," we get a feeling Blakroc guru Damon Dash may be behind this glossy bit of synergy. And why not?! For those interested in buying one of these sleek vehicles-- USB port included!-- they're only on sale at Carl Black (!) Chevrolet in Atlanta and Nashville.

The Blakroc tracklist is below:

Blakroc:

01 On the Vista [ft. Mos Def]

02 Hard Times [ft. NOE]

03 Dollaz & Sense [ft. Pharoahe Monch, RZA, and Dan Auerbach]

04 Why Can't I Forget Him [ft. Nicole Wray]

05 Stay Off the F*%$#n' Flowers [ft. Raekwon]

06 Ain't Nothing Like You (Hoochie Coo) [ft. Jim Jones, Mos Def, and Dan Auerbach]

07 Hope You're Happy [ft. Billy Danze, Nicole Wray, and Q-Tip]

08 Tellin' Me Things [ft. RZA]

09 What You Do to Me [ft. Billy Danze, Jim Jones, Nicole Wray, and Dan Auerbach]

10 Done Did It [ft. Nicole Wray and NOE]

Of course the best way to experience this project is to watch the unbelievably high quality webisodes that document the entire early stages of the process.

This one where RZA comes in the studio and suggests laying down a lick 'that might be awkward' for them to work around on guitar works out unbelievably.

-DovWd5MIvQ

And obviously, replace mediafire.com with the other usual suspects if you don't get the results you're looking for.

As for the album, I like it but don't love it. I had high expectations though, thought it might be an album of the year candidate for me.