Jambands.ca

Lotus w/ Chameleon Project - Sat. Feb 27th @ Opera House

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn

Lotus at Pepperjacks a few years ago was great!

too bad it's at The Opera House though...I don't go to that venue for any band.

Don't get me wrong, both the Chameleon Project and Lotus are awesome bands, all the more reason that I don't know which is worse:

The Opera House consistently treating customers like shit,

OR

The jamband promoters letting the Opera House treat their customer base like shit show after show,

OR

The large numbers of fans who buy tickets and line up at the Opera House only to be treated like shit, seemingly oblivious to the way venues like Massey Hall, Convocation Hall, The Beacon Theater, etc. are able to manage larger audiences and still treat fans, bands, and promoters with respect and class.

Is bONES the only one in the group expecting some dignity, whilst having the integrity to speak up?

I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be refreshing to see a change in this regard.

I hear you on the opera house "security" - I think their bartenders are nice. I think these people become jaded by dealing with some many people all the time they forget to act with humility. I often speak with the staff at the start of my shows and ask them to go easy on my people. Their stance is that if people smoke weed in the place they are liable for the repercussions of the law.

miss this place... been in France and East Coast for the past 3 weeks... but I'm back!! :)

I hear you on the opera house "security" - I think their bartenders are nice. I think these people become jaded by dealing with some many people all the time they forget to act with humility. I often speak with the staff at the start of my shows and ask them to go easy on my people. Their stance is that if people smoke weed in the place they are liable for the repercussions of the law.

Maybe theres a future in politics for you after all. Way to stand up for the Opera House while ignoring the music fans who effectively pay your rent, buy your beer, and put food on your table.

Once I'm past the door I alway enjoy my time at the Opera House. Well aware that I need to have things neatly tucked away, and it's never been a problem. If you round the corner instead of blowing down at their front door they tend not to bother you either (in my experience).

Some of the staff at Lee's Palace on the other hand are downright rude and disrespectful, and it has nothing to do with recreational activities.

I avoid that venue as much as I can...certain acts will entice me to make exceptions (e.g. DBT)

Ahhh free choice...

Security even bugs you for burning outside near the venue.Not even on the Opera house Property.

Yeah this has alwasy pissed me off huge when I go the opera House as a paying customer. If you dont want me burning herb in the venuw I can respect that but if you force me into a little smoking pen and nab me for burning outside then we have a problem. What is so hard about letting people leave property to do thier business and coem back.

However is in charge of that policy need to give their head a shake.

Agreed. But the show will go on and be badass...promise. :relax:

Thanks for that jab Nibbler -

But I wouldn't put you in the category of music fans that "effectively pay my rent, buy me beer, and put food on your table." I don't think you've ever paid to get in to any of my shows.

The Opera House has several draw backs - location, security, costs. There's a real lack of good venues in Toronto. Sometimes we have to make concessions to find a suitable place to run shows.

There's actually a place that looks like will be a new spot for shows that is a better location. It's called the Great Hall and it's right at Queen St / Dufferin area near Gladstone. I'm working on a show right now with Colonel Bruce Hampton that I will be letting you about really soon, and I think you will all really enjoy the space.

But I wouldn't put you in the category of music fans that "effectively pay my rent, buy me beer, and put food on your table." I don't think you've ever paid to get in to any of my shows.

Problem is both your sense of timing and your guitar playing suck. Change the guitar player and I would gladly pay to see HPD.

Speaking of Col. Bruce Hampton, I hear he's playing 3 gigs in SoON, I plan on catching the show in The Hammer.

But I wouldn't put you in the category of music fans that "effectively pay my rent' date=' buy me beer, and put food on your table." I don't think you've ever paid to get in to any of my shows.

[/quote']

Problem is both your sense of timing and your guitar playing suck. Change the guitar player and I would gladly pay to see HPD.

Wow.

In my opinion, you come off as a real prick with this post, nibbler.

Again, my opinion, but that's low.

Only made it for the second set but it was quite enjoyable!

Me too. Had some things to deal with, but was able to grab Ol'Hickster and another buddy of mine and made it for 2nd set. I had a blast. Totally dug them in the live setting. I'll be checking them out again for sure when they roll through town.

Good talking with ya Myles. Sorry i never made it over to see you again, i had a nice spot over there by the bar and ran into a couple of other old friends.

Would love to see Lotus at an outdoor festival or something (a la Gratefulfest).

Thanks for the show!

Yea I had a blast too! these guys always put on a great show!It was nice to see everyone again since ive been mia latley. ahah I also couldnt get enough of the 200,000 vietnamese bill, and how there dollar is called a dong haha someone left as a tip for the guy in the bathroom that give yea soap and colonge haha must been a baller haha it works out to be like $11 bucks canadian!!