Jambands.ca

Roger Waters Fall 2010 Wall Tour... Opens in Toronto!

TheAlphaNerd

via http://www.pinkfloydz.com/roger_waters_2010_tour.htm

12 April (12 hours before official launch!) We have had a sneak peek at Roger's tour dates and you can see what we know below. It seems that there are still a number of North American dates to be added and we will bring these to you as soon as we know them.

There's to be a special ticketing system whereby you can enter draws for a chance to participate in the RogerWaters.com presales.AFG will be updated again soon with more info. At time of publishing, this information is not yet available to the general public at the official site.

Get on THE FORUM for more info

Sep 15 Air Canada Centre Toronto, ON

Sep 20 United Center Chicago, IL

Sep 21 United Center Chicago, IL

Sep 26 Consol Energy Center Pittsburgh, PA

Sep 28 Quicken Loans Arena Cleveland, OH

Sep 30 Boston TD Garden Boston, MA

Oct 05 Madison Square Garden New York City, NY

Oct 08 HSBC Arena Buffalo, NY

Oct 10 Verizon Center Washington D.C.

Oct 12 Nassau Coliseum Long Island, NY

Oct 15 XL Center Hartford, CT

Oct 17 Scotiabank Place Ottawa, ON

Oct 19 Bell Centre Montreal, PQ

Oct 22 Schottenstein Center Columbus, OH

Oct 24 The Palace of Auburn Hills Detroit, MI

Oct 26 Qwest Center Omaha, NE

Oct 27 Xcel Energy Center St Paul, MN

Oct 29 Scottrade Center St Louis, MO

Oct 30 Sprint Center Kansas City, MO

Nov 03 Izod Center East Rutherford, NJ

Nov 08 Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA

Nov 09 Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA

Nov 13 Bank Atlantic Center Fort Lauderdale, FL

Nov 16 St Pete Times Forum Tampa, FL

Nov 18 Philips Arena Atlanta, GA

Nov 20 Toyota Center Houston, TX

Nov 21 American Airlines Center Dallas, TX

Nov 23 Pepsi Center Denver, CO

Nov 26 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, NV

Nov 27 US Airways Center Phoenix, AZ

Nov 29 The Forum Los Angeles, CA

Dec 06 HP Pavilion San Jose, CA

Dec 10 GM Place Vancouver, BC

Dec 11 Tacoma Dome Tacoma, WA

Dec 13 Honda Center Anaheim, CA

IMPORTANT TOUR UPDATE Roger's Manager has been in touch to tell us the URL you will need for the Wall Tour launch is now http://www.rogerwaters.com/ and NOT http://www.roger-waters.com/ as previously advised. (NOTE the time of 2pm EST is New York time. You can find out your local time HERE) (9 April 2010)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Side was great to see live but "The Wall" has always been the pinnacle of Floyd for me. I'm so glad he's bringing it to Ottawa, might have to hit up Montreal too.

Jesus, I'm going blind in my old age, I didn't even see the Ottawa show, I'm upgrading to I'm going.

You'd still have to leave Orleans to get to Kanata. ;)

Are we playing Jeopardy? Is the question "Why did I only attend two Sens games this year?"

I'm not going to let the horror show of using public transport to travel between the two furthest possible points that constitute our city stop me but I'm already dreading the super spun out return trip. I'll have to break up the ride with some post show boozing downtown.

Up now

http://www.rogerwaters.com/

Roger: Why am i doing this?

"I recently came across this quote of mine from 22 years ago:

“What it comes down to for me is this: Will the technologies of communication in our culture, serve to enlighten us and help us to understand one another better, or will they deceive us and keep us apart?â€

I believe this is still a supremely relevant question

Edited by Guest

Signup at the rogerwaters.com site and you get the 'opportunity' at grabbing premium seats. Details that got emailed to me:

Thank you for becoming a member of RogerWaters.com. This email confirms the creation of your account.

RogerWaters.com membership grants you eligibility to participate in the presales for Roger Waters The Wall Live tickets. In order to ensure that everyone has equal access to premium seating, we are holding draws for a chance to participate in our presales. Your membership entitles you to enter a draw for a chance to buy one (1) pair of tickets for up to five (5) shows selected by you from the list of included cities.

Here’s how the program will work:

1. You can enter the draws for up to five cities for your chance to participate in the presales on the Roger Waters The Wall Live tour. If you haven’t chosen your cities, please do that now. You will be able to update the cities you’ve chosen by logging into your RogerWaters.com account at any time.

2. You will receive an email from us just prior to each of your draws letting you know when presale links will be emailed out and the exact day and time of the ticket presale. To help ensure that there is no delay in receiving these messages, add tickets@RogerWaters.com to your address book and/or safe senders list now.

3. Prior to each ticket presale, a limited number of RogerWaters.com members will be randomly drawn from the list of those who expressed interest in buying tickets for that city. Each draw will include all members who have chosen that city up to the time of the draw, and is conducted entirely randomly by computer. The selected members will then receive email notifications to buy tickets that include a link to the presale as well as a reminder of the exact presale start time. These links are personalized to the selected member, are non-transferable and non-reusable. Each link is eligible for exactly one PAIR of tickets only.

4. If you are selected for a presale, you are not guaranteed to receive tickets, only the opportunity to participate in a limited presale. Orders will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis as of the designated presale start time.

5. All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable after purchase.

6. If you are not selected, you will be notified via email.

7. Your eligibility for each of the cities you have chosen is distinct and will not affect your selection and/or any successful purchase you may make for other cities.

In order to ensure that each step of this program is communicated properly, we will be sending you several emails throughout the process. We apologize in advance for the high volume of email you will receive from us.

If you have any other questions about the process, please read over the FAQs. If you do not find the answer to your question in the FAQs, please contact us at tickets@RogerWaters.com.

Thanks,

The RogerWaters.com Team

UPDATE:

Ticket Sale Information

We have some news about the ticket sales for the upcoming Roger Waters The Wall Live tour. The RogerWaters.com presales will begin starting Wednesday, May 5. We will contact RogerWaters.com members individually with more specific details on their presales in the coming weeks. If you haven't yet created an account and selected your cities for the RogerWaters.com presale draws, please do so now.

RogerWaters.com isn't the only option for presale tickets. Starting May 3, American Express Cardmembers can get advance tickets, with seating available to Gold Card, Platinum Card and Centurion members. U.S. fans can also get early access to tickets via iTunes beginning Thursday, May 6. Purchase the 1982 film The Wall from iTunes by April 26 and on May 3 you'll receive a code via email good for purchasing presale tickets. For both the American Express and iTunes presales, please note that the presale offers are available in select markets and ticket quantities are limited.

Lastly, tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday, May 10, via Ticketmaster and LiveNation.com. The public sale will also see a limited number of VIP packages made available for each show on the tour. More details on those as soon as they are available.

Second Toronto Date Announced

A second show at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto has been confirmed for September 16. Should additional dates in any other cities be announced, you can expect notice from RogerWaters.com. For a look at the current list of dates on the Roger Waters The Wall Live tour, please visit the tour page on RogerWaters.com.

Join Roger on Facebook

The Official Roger Waters Facebook page is now up and running. Become a fan today to keep update on all Roger Waters news, and to read the latest postings from Roger himself.

• 2 weeks later...

How'd people do for presale opportunities? I got emails just after midnight letting me know about the status of getting access to presale tix.

Toronto x 2 = NO

Buffalo = NO

Ottawa = NO

Detroit = NO

Montreal = YES

Wow, one out of six. And that still doesn't guarantee a ticket. Should be interesting to see how this rolls out.

Edited by Guest