Jambands.ca

Medicals for life insurance........what are they gonna find?

Blurry

They'll check for traces of some 'recreational' drugs...don't worry...unless you've been smoking crack all night it's not a big deal. Just admit you smoke because they'll know. It will cost you a bit more for your insurance but not an arm or a leg. Smokers pay a higher premium. If you can quit so easily just quit....but it takes a while to get out of your system so if you can't quit...forget about it...

They will obviously check for HIV and signs of illness so it's kind of a freebee in that regard. Don't worry about it....

I have to agree with Julia here: LIE.

Yes you might only have slightly higher premiums now due to being a smoker (even non tobacco products) but the real problem lies in trying to make a cancer related claim in 30 years- god forbid something like that should happen- but its at that point they'll let you know how badly you failed their test.

Its the same with drug testing for employment in the US. Most of the time they will hire you and start you without a test but the moment you have an accident in their vehicle or similar, they'll make you piss in a cup and at that point they hope to be free from liability.

A friend sells life insurance. He said NEVER tell them you smoked anything. Not even "I was a half a pack a day smoker 12 years ago". They write that shit down.......

A friend sells life insurance. He said NEVER tell them you smoked anything. Not even "I was a half a pack a day smoker 12 years ago". They write that shit down.......

True story, I work in Imaging Services for Individual Life Insurance right now. They have in the application smoker information (including both pot and cigarettes) ie: "smokes xxx a day" or "did smoke xxx a day for xxx years."

If you do not lie at this time you can apply for a policy change later down the road to get a better premium if you quit. I see those all the time "smoker to non-smoker, health style change" Rates continue to go down the longer you are a non-smoker starting with 1 year I think.

I do not know how long you have to complete medicals or what's involved in the medical for a basic life policy but I can probably find out for you if you tell me the type of policy(s) your looking at.

I did see a medical report today for some sort of Healty Life style policy which included results for kidney function, blood work, cholesterol, presence of white/red blood cells in urine, blood pressure and a few other things. I believe that line of testing though was specific to that "healthy living" policy and not for a basic life insurance policy.