Jambands.ca

Fred Eaglesmith - May 21 in Kingston

skelter

Hey folks,

I'm bringing Fred Eaglesmith to Kingston on Friday, May 21 at the Wellington Street Theatre!

It's a solo show, with Jon McLurg opening (my favourite local songwriter)

$20 advance at Brian's Record Option and Renaissance Music.

www.fredeaglesmith.com

www.myspace.com/jonmclurg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118948228126307&ref=mf

I seem to remember it was downtown in Kingston, but a barn. Like, really a barn. I think it was right down by the water. You went down Princess to the lake, turned right, and it was there somewhere on your left; I think.

(I was only in Kingston for one year 97-98, so I just don't remember street names or even the names of most places I went at this point.)

From whom? In what context? How reliable of a source? What does that even mean?

You seriously have to consider these things before you post insults about an identifiable person online, as you'd better be able to back up an accusation like that; true or not.

Actually heard it from more than one person, but the incident that I'm referring to is when he called out a friend of mine during his fredfest set because she was talking. He got all high and mighty on her and basically told her to shut up or leave.

Personally I kinda like his music, but like I said, I heard he's kind of a dick.

I heard he puked in his mouth on stage once then spit it out while no one was looking.......errrr..........I mean..........

I heard a similar story from a friend up here in Wiarton. Said one of his friends said Fred yelled at the audience for not paying enough attention.........might have been the same show.....but I suspect if it's happened once, it's happened more than a few times.......

For the record, I don't believe Ike has any credible sources...........

And FWIW - I went to that show with Schwa in Meaford (it was a solo show). Aside from his Bailin' album, it's the only time I've heard his music......and I thought it was really good.

Possibly more jokes than songs but at least he was funny.

• 2 weeks later...