Prost

An Evening With

The Black Crowes

Massey Hall

$64.50 - $54.50

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:30pm

FriendsFirst ticket sales begin Thurs May 13, 10am

Public ticket sales begin Sat May 15, 12pm

The Black Crowes “Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys†2010 Tour will feature three hour performance sets known as “Acoustic Hor D’oeuvres followed by an Electric Reception With The Black Crowes,†and will consist of a full hour and a half acoustic set followed by a full hour and a half electric set.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it will possibly be one of the last Black Crowes shows you'll see as what the original post didn't mention was the release of a double album of Crowes tunes done acoustically to coincide with their 20th anniversary and after the tour the band is planning an indefinite hiatus to spend time with their respective families. And yes they have said that before and come back but this time I get the feeling that's it for the Crowes (or Robinson brothers as a band)

http://www.blackcrowes.com/100419.html

THE BLACK CROWES TO RELEASE DOUBLE STUDIO

ALBUM OF ALL ACOUSTIC MATERIAL TO COMMEMORATE

THEIR 20th ANNIVERSARY

“SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUYS†2010 TOUR

WILL KICK OFF AUGUST 13

INDEFINITE HIATUS TO FOLLOW TOUR

20th ANNIVERSARY VIP PACKAGES AVAILABLE

got a pair right centre floor row j on masseyhall.com. This should be an epic crowes show and its sad to think it might be my last. Although I guess I'm reading that into "indefinite hiatus to follow" with the tour announcement. I suppose that doesn't mean their done so much as taking a break until the well runs dry...but at this point I figure they'll want to put enough distance between themselves for as long as possible to try to let the batteries re-charge. Course, with the way many "retired" or "hiatus" bands seem to be these days we should expect to see them again in 5-7 years? More? Less? Both Chris' and Rich's solo shots didn't fair particularly well though Chris made a better go of it. I always thought Rich's solo album Paper was fantastic and the best of the 3 (Chris Robinson and the New Earth Mud, This Magnificant Distance and Paper) and I look forward to more solo Rich material.

Whether its the last ever, or the last one for awhile, it should be amazing.

Edited by Guest