Jambands.ca

RC: Spades + Silver Creek @ Dekcuf (Ott.) Friday night

bradm

Great to hook up with folks again Friday night. Was pleasantly surprised with Silver Creek an Ottawa outfit (Booche I think this is a band you'd enjoy). Three vocalists they had a bit of a Band feel at times and Black Crowes at others. I understand they are opening for Further at Bluesfest and recommend that folks check them out.

On Saturday I took my tired and aging body to Peterborough for the Spades at the Red Dog. It was the band's homecoming following a cross-Canada tour that saw them in over 30 cities as well as a ditch outside Edmonton and without steering in the mountains of B.C. You could tell, after almost three months on the road, the band was glad to be home and the crowd was glad to have them there. That fact evoked one of the best show I've seen the band deliver in a while.

Once again enjoyed the opener - Bend Sinister - a Vancouver band with prog-rock leanings but a full measure of Golden Dogs' exuberance thrown into the mix. Again check them out if you get a chance.

Upcoming the Spades will be with George Thorogood as part of the Montreal Jazz Festival (June 4 & 5) and with Matt Good for Canada Day in Oshawa and Kee to Bala the following day.