Jambands.ca

Iron Maiden in Ottawa

Velvet

not sure where you were Ollie.. for the start I was pretty close to the front, just right of centre stage (great location in many respects) but a couple of times we had these guys rushing the front using a very interesting tactic. One guy would literally be used as a snowplow with a couple of his buddies pushing him, back first, through the crowd, but doing it at top speed. I'm amazed I saw no one get hurt or trampled.

Lame!

Oh yeah.

The "guerrilla warfare" tactics pandering Maiden's upcoming cd release grated my fucking nerves.

Yeah, I rolled my eyes at that.

I had a great time last night...Dream Theater was all right, but I don't know them much; a guy I was with, who went to Bluesfest just to see them, was disappointed with the sound and the short set. Also, my sister almost passed out from the heat so there was a bit of distraction there.

I loved Iron Maiden, as always. This is not the best show I've seen...my favourite one was two years ago at Metal Mtl; my second favourite was the first time I saw them in 1988 for their Seventh Son of a Seventh tour. Last night was my 3rd favourite. It felt like a Maiden show and I loved seeing them at Bluesfest. My highlight was the song Iron Maiden. Sure wish they would have kept on going for another 30 minutes or so!

Buying tickets today for Heavy MTL taking place in late July...no Maiden there, but I am hungry for more metal this summer.

dance of death is a set killer as is no more lies blood brothers and benjamin breeg more than make up for the clunker though. the shilling for number 1 sales status seemed tacky for this usually classy band. took 'em awhile to get warmed up but they did and got rolling pretty good by the end of the set i thought. i thought these colours don't run was a tad convoluted with the message as well however the tune doth rock. they could easily dump a couple of the tunes they are kinda messing up on in favour of the trooper and loneliness of the long distance runner or something???

great start...missed this band a lot since the seventh son tour

• 1 month later...

Final Frontier is soooooo goood! I've been listening to it non-stop for the past 2 weeks. Looooove it! It totally brings me back to my teen years when I'd listen to the same album over and over again, and where I'd know all the song titles and read the lyrics while listening. I wanna go back to listening to albums now instead of random songs by different artists.