Jambands.ca

Go Every other team other than the Leafs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

badams

• 3 weeks later...

As a Bruins fan, I usually get to watch maybe a half dozen games a year, listen to the rest online or watch the highlights, but this year I was surprised with the best gift...a free NHL game center live account, so now I can log in and watch all the games I want (up to 4 games at once even), there is a ton of classic games to watch as well, but most importantly I get to watch all the B's I can handle.

So pumped, I had to post about it and this seemed the only thread I could..

:nhl:

[color:red][edit to add]

Decided to watch game 3 of the 1959 Stanley Cup finals between Montreal & Toronto. Great way to enjoy a steak dinner & a cold beer.

Edited by Guest

That's awesome, Greg! This is how I watch hockey from over here, too. The streaming quality is usually excellent, but occasionally there are some blips.

One tip: when you are watching live games, I recommend turning off the scores on the upper scoreboard. Sometimes your stream will be a few seconds (or even a few minutes) behind actual live time, and the score flashes on the scoreboard whenever a goal is scored. I've had the occasional surprise ruined for me when I had forgotten to turn off the scoreboard.

I've been watching a bit on the GameCenter free preview. It seems like when the originating feed is HD, the streaming quality is amazing. I was curious how the price ($159 for the season) compares to ordering Center Ice through your cable co?

I don't have that option in Korea. :(

But because I don't have any "local" games, I never have a blackout, and I can also get all of the playoffs for free as well since there are no local broadcasters for these games.

We *do* have pretty much the best internet service in the world, so the quality is pretty amazing. There is an option to set your streaming speed to "adaptive". The site automatically streams at the highest possible bitrate, but if the speed dips it will switch over to a lower bitrate automatically without pausing rather than losing value time buffering. This was a nice new feature that was added last season.

Thanks for the tip Brian :thumbup:

How I got a free account was, a friend of mine I play poker with gets the sports package (HD) on his satellite (I think) and he pays something like $250 for the year, well he bitched enough at them about having to pay another $150+ for the internet service, since he works on the road a lot and also wanted to watch the games on his laptop so they ended up including it for free.

Last year he gave it to another friend I play poker with but he hardly watched it since he ended up getting the HD package as well, so this year it's my turn.