Jambands.ca

Pork tenderloin on the grill: suggestions?

bagochips

Whenever my Mom cooks it, she always opens up a space in it by slitting it almost all the way through, the whole length of the tenderloin, packing it with bread stuffing, then tying/trussing it up before cooking. It's also really good cold the next day, too.

Aloha,

Brad

make a mushroom stuffing type thing and slice er open and stuff it and tie it up again. delicious.

or, this is what i usually do.

roughly chop some garlic. cut shallow slits in the pork every inch or two, pack garlic into the slits. drizzle and rub the loin with balsamic. rub a little bit of olive oil on the loin (maybe half or a quarter of the quantity you used of balsamic). rub with your favourite spice blend all over (montreal steak spice is delicious, as is a lemon pepper blend, or greek spice). cook til it gets to about 150 F, pull it off the heat and cover it, let it rest for 5-10 minutes. slice and enjoy.

This is probably too late but I love to brine pork.

It adds tons of flavour and ensures that it won't dry out.

Here is a recipe taken from Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc.

brine

I'll never cook pork loin or pork chops without brining properly. It doesn't take long to do the brine, BUUUUT, for maximum effect, you have to let your cut sit refrigerated for up to 1 day after brining and rinsing. The salt keeps working its magic carrying through the flavours in your brine throughout the protein molecules.

I've been going through Charcuterie by Michael Ruhlman and now I understand how brine works fully.