Jambands.ca

ipad 2 - better for musicians

bouche

The answer: Virtual reality and laziness happily skip along hand in hand, and from what I see laziness is currently the most common disease in North America.

Allright, Mr. Grumpypants will stop now so y'all can get on with discussing your mepads.

you can plug your guitar in if you want and access the effect processors....plug in a mic and sing....whatever you want.

no one said that you HAD to use the virtual instruments. just an example of the touch technology.

Edited by Guest

The answer: Virtual reality and laziness happily skip along hand in hand, and from what I see laziness is currently the most common disease in North America.

No kidding. And what's with all this "posting on message boards" crap? I expect all future missives to be delivered to each of us individually by carrier pigeon.

Unless, of course, you're lazy...

Why do people deal in virtuals when actuals are readily available?

My take? Cost.

A virtual recording studio/gear etc has got to be a heck of lot cheaper then a real one. Now, I'm only guessing as I don't know what an ipad or recording studio, keyboards, drum kit etc really cost.

Sort of like using google maps to plan a route or trip. I mean, you can just buy a map and carry it with you. It's got to be cheaper and easier then lugging a laptop around.

The answer: Virtual reality and laziness happily skip along hand in hand' date=' and from what I see laziness is currently the most common disease in North America.[/quote']

No kidding. And what's with all this "posting on message boards" crap? I expect all future missives to be delivered to each of us individually by carrier pigeon.

Unless, of course, you're lazy...

I don't post on message boards because I'm lazy, I do it because my ego tells me my thoughts are important enough for others to read.

My ego is a lying son of a bitch, but it's bigger than I am so my hands are virtually tied.

For the record, I write my travel logs so I can remember stuff that happens when I travel. I post them here so I can feel like I'm cool.

It's fairly pathetic, but it's true.

Your logs are awesome and are a gift to everyone who reads them. Please don't misconstrue my pathetic attempt at humour.

:chug: :chug: :chug:

Your logs are awesome and are a gift to everyone who reads them. Please don't misconstrue my pathetic attempt at humour.

Yeah, what he said. In fact, I would probably write up a big paragraph of anti-technology/laziness support, but I am lying in bed typing this on my iPhone and my finger is tired.

For the record' date=' I write my travel logs so I can remember stuff that happens when I travel. I post them here so I can feel like I'm cool.

It's fairly pathetic, but it's true.[/quote']

:chug: :chug: :chug:

Thanks ollie, very nice of you to say. I will have to concede it's a symbiotic relationship - if not for this website I doubt I would be writing them.

That said, I stand by my quote - I write them for my own benefit and post them mainly out of ego; you might be shocked to know how eagerly I look forward to seeing people respond to them, which is pretty pathetic.

I'm currently reading "Women" by Bukowski, and in it he says the greatest mistake writers make is assuming others will be interested in reading about their lives.

I'm paraphrasing.

Seriously though, I very much appreciate the kind words.

Yeah' date=' what he said. In fact, I would probably write up a big paragraph of anti-technology/laziness support, but I am lying in bed typing this on my iPhone and my finger is tired.[/quote']

You made me laugh there. Thanks Punk.