Jambands.ca

ipad 2 - better for musicians

bouche

I dunno man, I have no issues with ya but I really find this out right hate for technology puzzling.

I hope to never have nothing but High Five issues with you, man - I think you're aces and one of the best dudes I've met thanks to these computer things, for real.

Now, I have to apologise.

It's totally lame for me to repeatedly waltz around preaching anti-technology on a website via my laptop. It's like walking into a guitar store and saying "music sucks and if you like it you're a loser." When someone does that they are being hypocritical at least, and could be described as being nothing short of "asshole".

I drive a car and use amps and light bulbs and even bought a recording console that is (apparently) purely digital and stores the music on a hard drive, so I'm obviously being selective in the technology I condemn and who am I to criticise? Especially (as I say) on the internet, which I use almost daily.

I'm sorry folks, I've been acting sparodically like an idiot, and I'll try not to be a hypocrite anymore.

Thread hijack: FINIS

finally.

I've been whining that they should have been doing this for years...amongst other things.

If the I/O is ample on this and if it can multitask well then the iPad would be great for musicians.

Sequences/backing tracks AND lighting/video control AND control surfaces for soft synths

or

record and edit on the road/in your local hangout/livingroom/front porch.

I'm glad they fit more into this early version of garageband than I'd been whining for.

Here's to apple working flash into the iPad so we could use it with audiotool.com.

finally.

I've been whining that they should have been doing this for years...amongst other things.

If the I/O is ample on this and if it can multitask well then the iPad would be great for musicians.

Sequences/backing tracks AND lighting/video control AND control surfaces for soft synths

or

record and edit on the road/in your local hangout/livingroom/front porch.

I'm glad they fit more into this early version of garageband than I'd been whining for.

Here's to apple working flash into the iPad so we could use it with audiotool.com.

Buddy of mine said they're using it on the film set he works on now to control moving lights. Rad.

I really don't think that devices that support virtual instruments will ever make less people learn a real instrument. I believe that they actually ENCOURAGE people to learn a real instrument.

There's only so much the virtual world can do so at some point, one would have to step into the real world and buy a crafted piece of wood with strings on it and learn how to make it sing.