Jambands.ca

the New Deal- Calling it Quits

Northern Wish

The New Deal has decided that 2011 will mark the end of a spectacular 12-year career.

It has been an amazing run for the band and we appreciate the loyal and dedicated tND fanbase across North America and Asia. Our individual lives have taken very different paths with family, living abroad, and other various projects. We have come to a point where the time and commitment that it takes to maintain our band at its best is no longer possible. As a group, we’ve never been known to go halfway, so we have decided to end things with a great run of summer and fall shows that we hope to be the best yet.

Over the next several months, TND will return to the East Coast. The final Summer and Fall 2011 shows will bring us to many of our favourite places in the US and Canada, and we’re looking forward to finishing things off in a big way.

We look forward to each and every one of these very special shows. Our fans have been fantastically devoted and supportive, and we hope to give them a final run of performances that will be truly memorable.

In addition to the summer shows and festivals already announced, we expect to add a few more dates to give as many fans as possible the opportunity to see us play together one last time.

Thank you!

Darren, Dan and Jamie

I saw Darren in Conspirator last month in NYC, he really killed it along with the guys from Conspirator. Jamie is a genius of the keyboards works behind the scenes as a composer/producer and Dan plays in Dragonette with his wife and lives (on the road touring the world) and in the UK.

I highly doubt that any of these guys will ever stop playing music, each member has developed their own highly developed other music side projects.

I'm looking forward to sharing in one of final hurrahs, but yes it is still sad to hear they're over, they are really a great band and I know they really get a lot of praise in developing the live electronica / jamtronica scene in the US by bands such as Disco Biscuits, Soundtribe Sector Nine, Pnuma Trio, Lotus etc... Big ups to a Toronto band for all their success.

Sorry to hear this. The New Deal have been great ambassadors for the Canadian Jam-Scene (althought they are really one of the olny ones period.) and have always been very gracious to other bands and fans.

I do agree the individual members have been going thier seperate ways and it can be hard to keep it going when your heads are in other palces.

Hope to see them one last time.

It was only a matter of time.

I'm glad that I won't be able to be at a show wishing they took it down a notch to play puppetmasters past this year. I can't say there's a better band that made me so whiny when I got killer dance parties every time.

Too bad for us in a way, but they're all tops and >I'm sure we'll crack more than a smile when we hear what's in store for us.