Jambands.ca

Deep Dark Woods (ON/QC) - Sept, 2011 dates

Blurry

More tour dates for the DDW! with a hometown show ta boot!

Sep 18 Oh! Fest London, Canada

Sep 19 The Loft Stratford, Canada

Sep 21 The Casbah Hamilton, Canada

Sep 22 The Black Sheep Wakefield, Canada

Sep 23 Pop Montreal Montréal, Canada

Sep 24 Lee's Palace Toronto, Canada

Sep 25 Van Gogh's Ear Guelph, Canada

Edited by Guest

Went to Windsor last night, and all i can say is: they fucking killed it. I've loved these guys for a few years now but this is the first time i've seen them live and WOW! So much alive.

Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, GO! If you're only familiar with their studio albums, those albums don't do them anywhere near the amount of justice they deserve.

LOVE!!

Went to Windsor last night, and all i can say is: they fucking killed it. I've loved these guys for a few years now but this is the first time i've seen them live and WOW! So much alive.

Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, GO! If you're only familiar with their studio albums, those albums don't do them anywhere near the amount of justice they deserve.

LOVE!!

What time did they start Birdy? DO they follow the timeline set out on their website?

Glad you had a great time!

Edger I wish your circumstances were different and you could join us as well!

LOVE!!

You should have asked your favorite neighbour along! He's a great dude! ;)

Haha, my neighbour wasn't home! Thanks for putting the garbage out though! ;)

Blair - they didn't come on till around 11 or so. Shuyler Jansen's touring with them and he opens.. the Phog also booked a local Windsor singer-songwriter type guy to play first as well. I think if you're there by 10ish you're all good. Have fun!

These guys were great! Wittiest banter I've heard in a while.

I've only heard their studio stuff over the years and liked it but they are a whole 'nother story live, damn.

At times I felt like I was grooving at a BNB show 10 years ago, they had one (dare I say) epic jam that had me hooked in their groove. Some other influences I heard were, and bare with me here, Phish(see epic jam)/Pink Floyd/Radiohead/BNB/Bare Naked Ladies*

I wouldn't say they were anything like those bands I just mentioned but you can definitely hear the influences on the musicians.

*I swear one of their tunes was the Barenaked Ladies version of Lovers in a Dangerous Time but it obviously wasn't.

Go see these guys.

Haha - at times I was afraid to establish eye contact out of fear of being heckled. One time I had to get up on stage and kiss Andrew Dice Clay... not even in his cool days. And he was wearing jogging pants and not even the hip-look at me do yoga-kind. Ever since i'm been oh-so-afraid of stage banter.

These guys (esp. Ryan) are hilarious - in a quirky, what planet are you from, kind of way.

I'd go so far as to say they're my new favourite Canadian band. :o

Glad you guys had fun!

If you're only familiar with their studio albums, those albums don't do them anywhere near the amount of justice they deserve.

You said it bird! This band is a like a beautiful woman with a hot body that wears baggy clothes. Their records are lovely but when you get them live & in the flesh they are SMOKIN' HOT!

I was telling my man that I was heading to Hamilton to see a folk band and came home talking about how much they ROCKED.

A great night of music & dancing with some great pals.

Hey OTTAWA...you've got two chances (Blacksheep and NAC) go see 'em!