Jambands.ca

Ryan Adams?

NewRider

I feel stupid that the most I know about this dude is that story about someone at a concert yelling out "Summer Of '69" and him throwing a Courtney Love like fit. That and he was in the band Whiskeytown which I never heard much of.

Anyways I see he's playing Dec. 10th at The Operahouse, does anyone have any imput on this guy? I've read it's like alt-country but that really doesn't tell me very much. Maybe I'll just show up and scream out "Cut's Like A Knife"!

I get the sense that besides the hysterics that he's gone consistently downhill. Here's a positive review from Pitchforkmedia. Then quite recently I read this and particularly this about his newest album named quaintly Rock N Roll giving it a brutal 2.9. But to balance that I also found this that gives his album Heartbreaker a 9.0, which for Pitchfork means it's amazing and not often accomplished. Get the sense I take critics at their word? Maybe but while being a bit pretentious these guys know their shit.

Cursed by a name. Like my friend Hank Crappa.

And The Pitchfork site Kung's talking about is quite good but since they are quite "highfalutin' look how smart a music geek I am" you have to take some of it with a grain of salt and think about the types of music you yourself like.

Although Aesop rock deserves all the credit they give him. Booya!

Archived