Jambands.ca

easy appetizer recipes suggestions?

RobL

throwing a dinner party this friday and need some idea's for appetizer's. I am doing a steak salad, with roasted vegies and roasted garlic with sliced ribeye steak on top of the greens and roasted vegies Toped with a red wine garlic vinagrette. Looking for something to complement it and something easy. Any Ideas? thanks everyone

Crustini with chevre and oven roasted tomatoes.

Prepare crustini by slicing a baguette thinly and toasting lightly- if you like garlic you can rub it with whole garlic cloves and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.

For the chevre- throw in some diced chives, lemon zest and black pepper. spread it on the crustini.

Tomatoes- I usually use whole canned tomatoes- Altacacina if you can find them. Drain them- and marinade them in some olive oil and balsamic and whatever herbs you want- leave it in the marinade for at least a couple hours. Put them on a pan and roast them whole. Let them cool and assemble. Finish with a good salt and some cracked pepper.

It sounds kind of long, but it's pretty simple and quick. Plus it can be prepared ahead. you can also add some arrugula under the tomatoes if you care to.

a yummy thing to go with bread, and super easy (if you buy the pesto), is this 3-layer spread...

-a box of cream cheese

-basil pesto

-sundried tomato pesto or puree

layer this with the cream cheese in the middle, chill in a terrine/bowl and then turn out. or you can just form it into a mountain :)

sandwich bread, american cheese and bacon strips, quartered. arrange ingredients in interesting fashion then place in prewarmed oven at 400° for 4 minutes.

serve immediately

Ah yes!! Ollie, snack idea!! This was lunch for me as kid and I haven't had it in probably more than 20 years. Cheap, simple and yummy.