Hartamophone in South Africa

Hartamophone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Excellent read. Your writing chops seem to be accumulating.

Thanks pal. Definitely taking a little more time with each post these days and doing more editing after the initial barf on the page process, so it's nice to know that it's making a difference. Read your most recent nerolog a couple of times to get me back in the writing state of mind.

Excellent read. Your writing chops seem to be accumulating.

Thanks pal. Definitely taking a little more time with each post these days and doing more editing after the initial barf on the page process' date=' so it's nice to know that it's making a difference. Read your most recent nerolog a couple of times to get me back in the writing state of mind.[/quote']

I often struggle with the decision between timeliness and editing. Basically, doing a daily travelogue implies that everything be a first draft, and very little quality can be found in a first draft.

By the way, phorbesie got me that LP book you recommended. Haven't broken the spine yet, but I will before we get to Africa.

Yeah, I struggle with that, too, especially since I tend to just want to get things out there. I used to just write and post immediately, often without even re-reading the whole thing. Definitely have more of a balance now, which I think is paying off, and most things still get posted the day I start writing them.

Cool that you got that book.