Jambands.ca

Downsview Park: Stage Collapsed

The D Funk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially cancelled...

DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, THE RADIOHEAD SHOW AT DOWNSVIEW PARK TONIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

FANS ARE ADVISED NOT TO MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE VENUE.

REFUNDS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT POINT OF PURCHASE.

FURTHER INFORMATION IS TO FOLLOW

OMG. So sad.

edit to add: those b4 and after pics are stunning.

last night we were on the floor very close. there are 12 large video screen that hang from the roof. each is supported and controlled by a very large metal structure that can swing and move them all around above the stage. they looked very heavy. im wondering if they were simply too heavy for the temp stage to hold.

my thoughts are with all those affected and especially the workers and their families.

Edited by Guest

I can't help but think of what would have happened later. The amount of people in that area would have been at risk. Radiohead, stage crew, security, photographers, fans at side stage, up front, stage managers...wow. That's alot of people put at risk.

Guest Low Roller

Just got back to Hamilton after day in Toronto. I was going to the show, but then I heard the tragic news. My prayers are going out to the person who died and the injured, but I am still thankful that this happened when it did as it could have been so much worse......

Moments before.

You have to expect that all the gear was totalled.

that's what the stage looked like in montreal for the opener. im guessing a lot of that is caribou's gear along with some of radiohead's stuff, but not all. they brought out a lot more gear for radiohead.

see the 12 black screens hanging? they are each 6' square, maybe bigger. look upward to the honeycomb control structures at ceiling level. each is about 8' across, i'd guess and is mostly metal. the whole horizontal mosaic at the top front of the stage is a 5-panel video screen. there is a tremendous amount of weight hanging there and it seems to be supported by rather flimsy scaffolding on the sides.

this could have been much much worse. so sad.

Edited by Guest