Jambands.ca

Frankenstorm NYC

Jay Funk Dawg

523451_10151121878712756_129241901_n.jpg

Greetings from NYC.

Ok so this photo is probably a fake, but I do think it's going to be a major storm that's going to hit us tonight with unpredictable consequences. My lady is a climate scientist at Columbia U and she says it's an unprecedented situation with two storms; Extra-Tropical Storm and Tropical Hurricane colliding creating a rare 'perfect storm.'

The streets of NYC are empty, everyone is huddled indoors. We're prepared yet still worried to what could happen. Will keep you posted as long as the power stays on.

My wife and I were at the airport in Ottawa yesterday, checked in and through security in plenty of time for the 2pm flight to New York.

I then got word that the event we planned to attend Sunday evening had been re-scheduled to next week, due to the forthcoming storm and subway shutdown.

We did not get on that plane. So glad I found out about the cancellation prior to boarding.

Air Canada allowed us to re-schedule for next week with no additional charge.

Stay safe Jay! All the best to you and your family.

"Probably" a fake? ;) In all seriousness I hope that you are safe and ready to be hunkered down for a few days if the need be. I was thinking to myself how dreadful and miserable it was outside while walking my little man to school today and then realized I really needed to suck it up as things could be far worse as they appear to be forecasting for elsewhere.

Link to fake photos:

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/10/instasnopes-sorting-the-real-sandy-photos-from-the-fakes/264243/#.UI7eu3tABBI.facebook

We've got our curtains closed, but when we peak out - we're seeing lots of fog, some rain, and crazy winds.

The storm is about make land fall - within the hour... it's approximately 30 miles off the coast, hitting first in Cape May, NJ (south of Atlantic City).

lol, for some reason that's what Mayor Bloomberg is suggesting, maybe less we know the better. I want to watch, but the wife is keeping to the orders.

It's really windy here, but no floods or rain. We're up in Morning side Heights, we're still pretty North Manhattan on the edge of Harlem. Looks like we're going to get through this without a hitch.