Jambands.ca

Hab Fans Forum 2013

badams

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I wish Iginla a Cup. I'm glad it's not the Bruins.

Fuck Crosby.

However Today I will spend worthwhile energy talking about Budaj and what a pillar he was in the shootout last night... holy smokes!

Subban must be a Norris trophy candidate, and Gallagher has to be in consideration for the Calder right?

Edited by Low Roller

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

I watched a bit of the Ottawa/Boston game yesterday, and I had a hard time deciding who to cheer for. I can't in good conscience cheer for Boston, but I wasn't sure whether I wanted Montreal to face Toronto in the first round of the playoffs. The regular season against Toronto was difficult to say the least, yet their playoff inexperience could have proved a bane to their longevity. On the other hand Ottawa has survived a season filled with injuries to key players, and through excellent coaching managed to excel beyond everyone's expectations. Now with Karlsson's miraculous, if not suspicious, recovery from a severed Achilles tendon, Ottawais entering the playoffs with the most complete roster it has had all year. Against Ottawa Montreal will have to deal with a very skilled young team, and it's going to be a real challenge.

All things considered I'm happy about the Montreal/Ottawa series in the first round. We have waited for this series to happen for a long time, and as sweet as a Toronto/Montreal series would have been entertaining from a bloodshedding and trashtalking points of view, I'm glad that I won't have to watch Phaneuf play. Let's let Boston and Toronto pound the crap out of each other, while Montreal and Ottawa play a fast-paced defensively-minded contest.

Let the first French-Canada(-ish) series since 1993 begin!

Certain sections of Ottawa fans and scribes vehemently believe Matt Cooke purposely tried to injure Karlsson.

I am interested to see if that same group would actually question the possibility of something helping Karlsson with his beyond speedy recovery.