Jambands.ca

Forum migration to a new platform

bouche

it's like you guys nearly put in a minute worth of thought into those lists. impressive!

Thanks Mark! This board really could be called anything but it'd be nice to back it up with a direct url. It just needs to work well for posting stuff and replying to stuff. Real branding takes alot of time to run through scenarios and tie design to it. Also there really isn't really any time to do that or even improved traffic evidence to back up the concept, at the moment anyway.

It could be done all half-ass but there's still quite a bit to do with that effort. It feels at least half-ass enough just to move to a new board and leave the naming as-is ;)

i'm sure everyone's verified those domains are available ... right? any squatters?

A few skanks tried logging into the new forums after I did a test import and most could not login. So support is looking into the conversion problem with accounts.

Also, there was some kind of crash in these fusionbb forums yesterday that made things get corrupted. I really can't wait to move the forums.

Guest Low Roller
I feel like a re-brand would refresh things, and possibly invigorate more content and participation. It would definitely encourage interest from new people who are adverse to the word 'jamband'. In some ways, I know I've become a little embarrassed to use the word- because its essentially unrecognized as a genre/aesthetic these days, and is moreso used in a derogatory manner. I think the literal translation to the masses is probably something like 'drug music'. (Theres the new brand!!) but srsly- I think our shared interests here exceed 'jambands,' and attracting new blood and a wider circle of contributors maybe only a new, carefully chosen url away.

Anyway- my 0.02

Well put GM.

• 2 weeks later...