Jambands.ca

Sweet Merch

AD

AC$DC

The jerseys ($150) cost more than the insane ticket price ($130) (that I willingly paid). Also, appears Moncton didn't get a jersey but they don't have a pro sports team that I know of....

(I think the jerseys are tied to the venue not the city... Wonder why CFL / RedBlacks didn't get in on this. Other CFL stadiums did)

Cool. If there was a Hamilton show and Ticats jersey I'd consider it, then decide not to because I paid so much for the concert ticket. Passing on the Toronto show because its at Downsview Park which is not a great venue, and is far away, and the tickets are $140.

The jerseys ($150) cost more than the insane ticket price ($130) (that I willingly paid). Also, appears Moncton didn't get a jersey but they don't have a pro sports team that I know of....

(I think the jerseys are tied to the venue not the city... Wonder why CFL / RedBlacks didn't get in on this. Other CFL stadiums did)

I notice that there is nothing "official" about these in relation to the sports teams; nowhere does it say the team name or use the logo. That makes me wonder if the sports teams are involved at all, or if AC/DC just co-opted the colour schemes. That said, they are so close to what the actual jerseys look like that, if they aren't official, they are walking a very fine line, legally speaking.

There's no way ACDC, a large highly-visible corporation, potentially infringes on MLB, NFL, NHL and CFL copyright without an arrangement one way or another.

That, or their lawyers know exactly how far they can go without getting into copyrighted territory. I noticed that neither the city nor team names appear on any of the merch, and the only two symbols I see are ones that can't be copyrighted (fleur de lis and maple leaf). So all they're using are the colours / colour scheme. I would think that if there was going to be an agreement in place, both parties would want to fully capitalize and use the actual team logo.

It would be interesting to know for sure.