Jambands.ca

Mary Jane bust at the old Molson plant

CyberHippie

In case you haven't already hear about this. I think this is the funniest grow related thing I've heard.

Marijuana found in former beer plant

Barrie, Ont. — A weekend police raid turned up thousands of marijuana plants in a former Molson factory north of Toronto.

Nine people were arrested and charged following the raid Saturday in Barrie.

Police said more than 60,000 square feet of space in the mothballed brewery were being used to cultivate 30,000 marijuana plants.

Some of the plants were found in vats that Molson had used to make beer.

Investigators estimated the street value of the seized marijuana at $30 million, and said the operation was capable of producing three or four crops annually.

Police also discovered a dormitory with beds and cooking appliances for up to 50 people in the plant, but said the scale of the operation indicated that an even greater number were working there.

Molson closed the brewery in 2000, and sold the building to a company that leases out space to a number of other companies.

Barrie Police Chief Wayne Frechette said the marijuana-growing operation was the largest ever found in Canada.

From everything I've read and heard I would imagine the scale of this had to be seen to be belived- plants as far as the eye can see. Obviously it's organized crime given the scope of the operation. Also someone pointed out to me that when they held that concert there last summer they were likely already set up. It is odd how under everyone's noses the whole thing is-as if they couldn't have chosen an industrial park just off the 400. Molson must be pissed too about the repeat mentions they're getting in this context even though it's not their property anymore.

Yeah that's completely crazy. I haven't heard any estimates of street value but the brewery is something like 60 000 square feet so we must be talking hundreds of millions of dollars.

And for it to have bene such a huge operation under the noses of everyone I'm sure that greased palms abound.

quote:

Chickenbutter420

Member # 640 posted 01-12-2004 03:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's the MAFIA for sure, those look like HEADY NUGGETS, not phish weed

theyll look even HEADIER once the mob keefs all the crystals off and vaccuum packs it off to the states

quote:

I heard that one pound of BC bud sells for US$10,000 in New York city

well, i shelled out $500US for an OZ in NYC...so i can believe it!

it was fantastic herb, otherwise i would have NEVER considered it

it's a shame we don't recognize and honour gardeners who are as skilled and dedicated as these folks obviously were...that's a garden to be proud of!! [Cool]

in jersey the good candian pot goes for 3400 a p to 4000 a p,,, maybe you should make the drive bones, nyc is most expensive.

makes me sick how much us kids pay for their pot,, i saw some some "beasters" this summer from canada , dude was gonna cut me a deal cuz i was from canada too,, but after looking at thepot i said thanks but no,, it was CRAP, the kinda shit that goes up here for like 20 or 25 an 8th, and he was cuttin me a deal at 40 USD?!?!?@>?@?! i dont be thinkin so

definitly a clue tube, i bet your right about the TriAd gang runnin that shit,, they just rent huge spaces, grow tons, and ship it on down for the most profit. good buisness, yes, good weed? no. you gotta put some love into it

willy, u ever hear about yankees coming right into BC with a pound of coke and trading that for a pound of good nug?

Archived