Jambands.ca

Addison Groove Project= LOADS O'FUN!

shainhouse

Wow, I had a fricken great time on Saturday night. It's been a tough little while dealing with some bad news, bad vibes and bad situations, but AGP just brought the energy right up at Pepper Jack's. Along with that, they are a pleasure to hang out with and are all stand up guys in their own right.

Wicked partying with MANY of you skanks. Daniel, Dimafleck, Sugarmegs, Palace Princess, Willy, secondtube, briguy, esau13, yamahama, tooly, scooty, schwa and the k/y crowd and whoever else I forgot.

Hopefully I'll hit the shaker and it'll be just as crazy.

drunk and speedwalking in mushrooms to the show [Roll Eyes]

I do not have a perm [Roll Eyes]

backspinning on Willy's floor to zydeco [Roll Eyes]

The biggest and best pigout after a show ever (guacamole) [Roll Eyes]

Me passing on Jager? I must have really not needed it because i don't remember that [Roll Eyes]

Shainhouse busting yet another bowl [Roll Eyes]

Overall, a fuckin boogie down dance party to put in the books. Thanks Willy and Leanne for all your wicked hospitality and to the KY peeps, stay slippery [big Grin]

Originally posted by shainhouse:

And another day went by w/out Hamilton kicking me in the jewels. yeah!

I thought that luring me outside with a bowl was your way of attempting to bribe me out of fulfilling my appointed destiny as the kicker of your balls. Keep it up, it seems to be working.

Originally posted by LittlemissPink:

Oh... and Hamilton -- very nice to meet you! BYE!

Hey there, nice meetin' you too, LittlemissPink - and SugarMegs, Thorgnor and Schwa, as well, not to mention a second encounter with PalacePrincess.

AGP was a lot of fun - I'm glad that they came back to the Hammer! [big Grin]

out of curiosity, and in all seriousness, when you refer to drugs in that way, what do you consider drugs?

I know just about all the patrons at PJC, and Saturday night, like most nights, people were drunk and smoking nugs.

I understand technically smoking nugs and booze are drugs, but is that what you are referring to as 'good drugs'?

Or do u mean what i'd expect, Ex, Coke, and other heavier drugs?

If you took the majority of the bar, you'd find very few people were fucked up on 'drug drugs'.

But i'd assume, by the amount you refer to people only liking music because of the 'drugs', you'd consider simply pot and booze as the drugs allowing people to dig AGP.

Could you define, or at least clarify, what you mean by 'the drugs being really good'?

I think a lot of people were pretty high and drunk when the slip came through. Is that the reason people liked them?

You're good I have to admit it you are good my man. It's like dealing with freaking Sherlock Holmes here. In this instance I was just shitting around mainly. Typically in the 'good drugs' usage yes I would have been implying the varieties you mentioned. But yes booze and weed are also the kind of 'drugs' you essentially cannot be without at your friendly neighborhood jammy show. The big difference between the indy and jammy kids is the dancing and participation of the audience but I think weed makes this all possible (in terms of getting over your hangups about looking like- well see the picture of Tonin in your appreciation thread for a visual).

It really dawned on me at the Broken Social Scene/ Metric show at the Phoenix how little indy rock kids drink or smoke, well out of a crowd of about 800 I saw only people drinking very moderately. You'd think that they were like workaday stiffs or something and not acid devouring gypsies wasting away the most productive years of their life- sheesh.

any type of indi/punk scene i've experienced, it was the exact same thing.

no smokers, no tokers, very few drinkers...

our scene is full of drinkers and tokers. to dismiss a bands popularity due to the condition of its fans (even if it is the new deal) is really unfair.

i'll agree the trance/techno crowd is usually 'medicated', and thus, enjoying the music much more...

but in the jamband scene, pot and booze have been around since the beginning...

now, does a band play to the medication of their audience? I mean, because a lot of punk/indie fans are less likely to be stoned, is that why songs are generally shorter, and more to the point?

Maybe the fans are less willing to hear a band explore, if they aren't exploring themselves?

Who knows...

Archived