Jambands.ca

Cavern is now opening for Phix on March 15th

shainhouse

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by paisley:

thought Cavern was kind of a jamband... why do their fans of late talk like lame tv homies? all attitude and bullshit

Cavern - not a bad band last I saw them

Cavern fans lately - immature, bullyish and condescending

only thing keeping me from going to see a Cavern show nowadays are these posts by people, who coincidentaly all talk exactly the same, and seem to only show up on the board to promote Cavern or Phix shows

Wow...

Man, to get that sorta reply from Paisley, sorta sums it up..not the usual post I must say.

Although I whole heartedly agree.

quote:

only thing keeping me from going to see a Cavern show nowadays are these posts by people, who coincidentaly all talk exactly the same, and seem to only show up on the board to promote Cavern or Phix shows

Paisley, you hit it right on the nose. I like Cavern a lot. They are good friends of mine and they are all extremely talented players that are making great music but sometimes, it's not the band that ruines the buzz, it's the way the band is presented within certain mediums.

I can't go to this show b/c I have a very important midterm the next day on the 16th, but I wish Cavern, Phix and the promoter Marky nothing but the best as nothing beats more music, more originality and more balls in this scene, as putting on shows like this in such a difficult market like Toronto is a bitch, expensive and a tough financial decision.

I just think a few certain people who post need to calm their jets and realize that although this board is a great way to advertise and promote yourselves and your friends, it is not why this board is here. Instead of wasting time on this board only to push one specific band, hang posters, distribute flyers and make more of your promotion time, rather than bothering and smothering many hubbers.. Just my two cents. peace-

I do realize that I have you this board for somewhat of a promotional purpose but in addition i love logging on every day and seeing what is going on in the scene. Unfortunately the jamand scene is an unreliable one. It's hard to invest in bands as well as venues when there is a big cloud of doubt in the air. People on this board love jambands and if the community groups together and makes a concious effort to support the scene then it will only grow resulting in bigger and more accredited bands coming to ontario on a more frequent basis.

quote:

Originally posted by wetundies:

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

I hope Phix doesn't get canceled because Cavern want to headline that night!
[Eek!]

tell me people,

would this remark piss you off if it was about a band YOU really liked??????????????????????????? [Confused][Confused][Confused][Confused]

Cry me a river dude!!! Fuck that band if they can't take a joke!!! I do know people in that band and so what if I have a different opinion than you? Is that so wrong??? I disagree with your opinion about the band and the people in it. You can sit back and be a loser and just argue my opinion or you can just face the fact that we don't agree on something and thats not a big deal. Check some other posts on this board other than posts about Cavern and you will see that people on here have an AMAZING sense of humor. This board has made me laugh my ass off SOOOOO... many times.

I'm not about to apologize for making a joke about a band that I "personally" don't care for. I don't think your an ass for liking them Mr. Undies but like I said fuck you if you can't take a joke. Let's agree to disagree.

it may be time for Cavern to examine the image they are selling/living....sure are a lot of pissed off people.

People who have a large sway in terms of what bands get a posative buzz and which ones are shunned.

Every moment we interact with people, we are shaping the communities perception of ourselves.

With a scene as hot and cold as the canadian jamband scene, it is important to endear yourselves to a crowd, not alienate them.

Chill boys, chill.

Let us get one thing straight my friends-

It is NOT Cavern, meaning Ben S, Ben W, Rory, Dave and Lindsay who are generating this for themselves. They are standup, professional people who are just trying to pursue what they love and make a buck doing so.

I think the way the band is promoted on this hub is because of a few people near and dear to the band, who don't know the ropes in this scene. Life is different in the jamband scene, and people should not discredit a band and their music just because of a few 'lovely' folks who don't know when to stop.

Go see the band with an open mind. Talk to the members, get to know them personally. Don't count them out just because a few of their friends lack online tact, probably because of inexperience in this forum.

This is also FANTASTIC press for the band as well. posts like this are helping, just in a different way.

peace-

all this talk and what not just makes the band look worse, if i were them i'd be trying to get people to stop posting crap about me before i can't get booked anywhere.

personaly i think caver sucks ass. they don't play werll together. they jams are boring, the band members are rude. and the fans are lacking to say the least.

i was thinking of giving them another chance but with crap like this going one you'll never see me at one of there shows, and if i do go to phix i won't be going in untill after caver playes there crap. and also by having cavern opening for phix i am seriously doubting how good phix can be

cavern sucks. i'f i had there cd it would be on my lawn. and there fans or who ever keeps posting for them here shoul;d really stop before you ruim any chance they had

p.s New Rider i was wondering how long before some one brought that up? maybe they figured if they named there band after this place someone might show up at one of there shows

ya - i'm not too sure about that shain.

the band will bear the brunt of this over saturation...these are buddies of the band, and as we all know - you are judged by the company you keep...I think they were fairly nice guys, and lindsay seemed cool...all the contract business is pretty "much"...however, i'm sure that they will benefit in the long run from this "rock school 101" approach to the scene. And really if they are successful, i'm sure they will not give a fuck about what a bunch of kindhearted hippies think of them....mind you, some of the folks on this board are promoters and bandmembers of some fairly influencial groups in this scene. In Canada it is really hard to break the scene, whereas in the US this would all be forgotten, in this micro scene a bad rep can dog a band for a long while.

This band definately does not suck though, if you like tight grooves and a rippin' guitar player, then go check them out...i'm sure you can ignore the over zealous youngsters who are absolutely packing this board with static....

oh and a suggestion to the folks who are post happy - you may want to rack up more than 1 post before you start raving about a band...that way you look less like a plant, or a band memeber taking on an alternate persona to push their own product.....like any scene it takes a while to gain any credibility in this community.....mind you there are some for whom it is too late.

ps -im pretty sure they didn't name their band after this board [Wink]

over and OUTTA HERE!!!

i dunno jon, i've seen them a few times and i'd definatly say that they suck. there muisc makes me want to sleep, you can't dance to it, and they just alll round sucks. i'm not trying to cause problums for the band,, just expressing my opinion, ( which is the right one) i wouldn't go out of my way at all to see this band, nor would i pay any money. i understand that its hard for a band to make a name for them selfs but with all the posting crap, and not even being a good band i can't see this band going very far unless they make a serious change

quote:

i dunno jon, i've seen them a few times and i'd definatly say that they suck. there muisc makes me want to sleep, you can't dance to it, and they just alll round sucks. i'm not trying to cause problums for the band,, just expressing my opinion, ( which is the right one) i wouldn't go out of my way at all to see this band, nor would i pay any money. i understand that its hard for a band to make a name for them selfs but with all the posting crap, and not even being a good band i can't see this band going very far unless they make a serious change

...fair enough dude...but are there "heady wives" at their shows [Wink][big Grin]

"...just expressing my opinion(which is the right one)" --- HA HA HA HA HA [Razz]

Yowsah. Knowing nothing of them I listened to the tracks on their website. Not bad, sort of a second-rate phish-sounding band. Not at all interesting to me but perhaps the phish resemblance in music draws a similiarly sketchy audience to them.

On the bright side, I've heard worse.

wow, this board kinda went sour didnt it?

They definatley dont suck in my humble opinion...

my fondest memory of a cavern show was at the come together canada day fest, they played stir it up with a guest flute player... and I was tripping on some mushrooms... It was a good night to say the least

look guys, sorry for overreacting about that joke.

like i said im new here!

just took it the wrong way k

its a great site and this is NOT the kind of vibe i wanna give off. just a devoted fan!!!

I was in the wrong,

please accept my deepest apologies

[Wink][big Grin]

I don't think this board has gone sour at all. There has always been different opinions on here and there always will be. How lame would it be to live in a world where everyone thought and felt the same about everything? I think it's great that you like the band, I have nothing against people enjoying music.

All the new people coming on to this board really shouldn't be so defensive about what others think of their friend's band. I'm certainly not going to start shit with Esau just because he doesn't like Phish!!! I don't like Eminem either but PalacePrincess doesn't give me shit about it.

So, I don't think it's the board going sour. Some people just need to settle down, respect other people's opinions and learn to take a joke.

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

I don't think this board has gone sour at all. There has always been different opinions on here and there always will be. How lame would it be to live in a world where everyone thought and felt the same about everything? I think it's great that you like the band, I have nothing against people enjoying music.

All the new people coming on to this board really shouldn't be so defensive about what others think of their friend's band. I'm certainly not going to start shit with Esau just because he doesn't like Phish!!! I don't like Eminem either but PalacePrincess doesn't give me shit about it.

So, I don't think it's the board going sour. Some people just need to settle down, respect other people's opinions and learn to take a joke.

ABSOULUTLY AGREED!!!!!!

thanx [big Grin]

Archived