Jambands.ca

Cavern is now opening for Phix on March 15th

shainhouse

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

i can't beieve there's such hostility over a dead situation.

the double booking was MY PROBLEM so you folks should be bitching about ME and not cavern.

there seems to be a big misconception about the diesel dog situation.

okay - here's how it happened.

i confirmed with lindsay re: cavern

the whore called me and wanted to line up a diesel dog show

i said 'sure' thinking it was a different date

i didn't go over my calendar to correct the mistake afterwards.

it turned sour.

i offered diesel dog a spot opening for cavern

they didn't want to play an hour long set for the guarantee i offered them because i was going to have to eat a huge debt.

so you people have some grudge against a band that most of you haven't seen in MONTHS.

hey jared...when was the last time you saw cavern??

i'd bet it was in at least early fall of '03.

for a bunch of people that seem to be intelligent you're pretty immature about music and the issues you don't really even know about. because it's really none of your business anyway.

since there's some sort of public concern about these bands i think that this bullshit should be settled.

quit holding it over cavern's head. you people have made this into an issue when the issue had been pretty much resolved.

I would assume that diesel dog aren't impressed with me but i don't see where there's a contention with cavern. they're trying to play their own music and really didn't have to even extend the opening slot to DD. I know that if i were playing shows i'd want to play as much as i could if i were trying new material out live.

it's not the place of the fans to take this personally or even make it a concern or even really an interest. sire it's good to know when bands are playing when. that's about as much booking info as any of you need to be concerned with unless you're DIRECTLY involved.

is there anyone in London that's looking to start booking a club? because if you were concerned and actually cared about the issue you'd try to compete with me so i wouldn't be able to mess up and double book these bands.

so to thgose making an issue: unless you're going to book bands elsewhere and improve the london music scene MORE than i'm trying to then don't make issue. that's the only reason i wsa ever interested in why bands didnt' like playing bacchus. if i had no real interest in fixing things i wouldn't care.

anyone going to step on my toes?

does anyone hae a venue to book?

if you have access to a venue and like to bitch about this issue then keep it up. you have reason to. otherwise just move on.

Beats, I was just making a joke. I'm not trying to hold anything over the bands head nor do I hold a grudge against them for the double booking the other week. I personally don't really care for the band but thats just my opinion and it has nothing to do with a booking error. I wasn't out to offend anyone it just seemed funny at the time. Maybe it wasn't funny to everyone but thats their opinion and I can understand that.

quote:

Originally posted by paisley:

um, did you read this thread CB?

not really about Diesel Dog or London, more about tomorrows Cavern/Phix show and promotional behavior on the board

Obvoiusly he did not.Hence why he decided to make it ALL about him.

But I thank him for being the sole saviour of the scene. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats in another thread:

on one hand there're the peace loving hippies that want everyone to stay happy and supportive and on the other hand there's cynicism.

both drive me fuggin' crazy.

Yep me too. [Roll Eyes]

yeah man this has nothing to do with how crappy of a booker or promoter you are, and it has noting to do with what happened in ottawa or where ever you fucked everything up.

it has to do with the band sucking and being anoying, and it has to do with there anoying friends coming on here and anoying everyone.

the last time i saw them was in the winter in toronto, i'm pretty sure it was after it started snowing

they suck thats just all there is to it,, and maybe if all this annoying crap wasn't going on then people might forget or be willing to give them another chance. people like you bring up stuff like this when it started to die down definalty isn't helping

me bringing it up when it's dying down stops it from being brought up when it's absolutely dead.

i did not say i'm a saviour of the scene. 'the scene' is not geographically specific...nor did i say 'i'm he greatest' i just stated the reason i'm doing this. to be honest, i've had too many things distracting me to be able to do my job focusedly enough to even think that someone could possibly think to mention that i'm making a significant impact.

the reason it was 'all about me' is because if i hadn't made a mistake this whole issue wouldn't have erupted...even if it's more of a trickle than an explosion.

i wanted to set things straight.

i think it's cool that cavern's opening for phix. i haven't seen phish yet so i don't think i want to spoil anything for myself by seeing the tribute before the real act.

anyhow, i hope i didn't set anyone off too much. i'm just pissed that there was even an issue. there wasn't a more appliccable thread to post it in and making a new thread would make it a focused situation.

understand the perspective?

no man, if you never fucked up cavern would still suck, the only thing i can think that you did wrong was to ever book caver when you could have had DD.

it has nothing what so ever to do with what you did, and everything to do with the band's quality of music, the people the bring out, there methods of premoting them selfs, and the just general anoying nature of there being. all this would have still been true no matter what you did

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats:

the reason it was 'all about me' is because if i hadn't made a mistake this whole issue wouldn't have erupted...even if it's more of a trickle than an explosion.

i wanted to set things straight.

Thats cool Rob,although again,this thread had zero to do with the mix up that occured.Please re-read the thread,you'll see there is nothing to do with what occured the other week.

Setting things straight is a good thing,but probally more effective within the thread of that topic.

hey, i honestly don;t want to go around and trash cavern. i personly think they are the worst band to ever stand on a stage. but people should make there on oppinions, alls i'm saying is that all this crap, is justy making me hate the band even more. i don't want to come here to see people complaining about a band that should not even be allowed to play, it just gets ANOYING

go see cavern and make up your own minds. but with crap like this i doubt any one will be going any time soon,,

maybe they should start thinking about changing there names

how about

the scantuary

or east cost cavern

or maybe the forum

jared's just sad about it being snowy.

you see, carneys like the summer because the carnival is in session.

who else gets 6 tickets for moustache rides??!!!

way to be jared!

if i were you i'd take the tickets and hit up the tilt-a-whirl now and then.

and for the record, i think everyone should try to see the worst band in the world. you owe it to yourself to know. maybe you'll have an appreciation for some of the bands that are 'just crappy' after that.

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats:

jared's just sad about it being snowy.

you see, carneys like the summer because the carnival is in session.

who else gets 6 tickets for moustache rides??
!!!

way to be jared!

if i were you i'd take the tickets and hit up the tilt-a-whirl now and then.

and for the record, i think everyone should try to see the worst band in the world. you owe it to yourself to know. maybe you'll have an appreciation for some of the bands that are 'just crappy' after that.

what exactly does that mean? that i'm a carnie? or that i charge for my moustach rides? they are always free, maybed if you wern't charging 6 tickets you'd get alittle more action

quote:

Originally posted by jared:

you won't see me at a cavern show. i mean they suck and there annoying, why should i bother to get in my car and see them..

Dude, you can get in your car, have a couple drinks, and drive home. It will be a blast.

Shit, SMILLS I think I just wet myself with that pic.... She is so hot right now!

Jared, honestly, just shut the hell up, or I'm gonna book Cavern for your funeral! You may even come back to life just to let us know how much they suck! In fact lets just ingrave it on your tombstone so that when you die you can be remembered as the dude who didn't like Cavern. That way I can piss on your grave...

But honeslty, I do find your posts utterly hilarious!

Originally posted by Siloet:

quote:

Originally posted by jared:

you won't see me at a cavern show. i mean they suck and there annoying, why should i bother to get in my car and see them..

Dude, you can get in your car, have a couple drinks, and drive home. It will be a blast.

I don't give a shit about Cavern, Phix, or anything else herein... but I think that this comment is completely inappropriate, Siloet. You're not doing Cavern or yourself any favours with remarks like that.

Archived