Jambands.ca

One Final Big Thank You

TheSloth

Been away in the land of no internet for the last couple weeks but now that the last of the fire benefit shows has taken place I just wanted to take a second and thank every single person that helped us out.

Now that my hands are better and typing is pain free im gonna try and email all the people ive managed to get addresses for and thank them personally (be patient its gonna take a while though) so this thank you is a broader general thank you because I doubt I was able to keep track of everything and so many people gave things anonymously. If you don’t get thanked personally this ones for you.

I really want to thank the bands and organisers of the various benefit shows, KingSunshine, Burt Neilson Band, Real Gone Daddies, Dr. Huxtable, Music Never Stopped, nero and the people that busted their asses to put the shows together, thank you so much (toss in CD Exchange, Cross Town Traffic, The Folk Lore Centre and The Grateful Dead). Of course thank you to everyone that attended.

Im also just gonna take a second and thank the various communities that helped us out – Kitchener, Hamilton, Brantford, Toronto, Guelph, Saint. Catherines, Peterborough and Ottawa thank you from the bottom of my heart (im sure I just left somebody out, sorry in advance). We really do have a good thing going here and what I just went through and how people reacted proves it.

Anyway this is getting long so Im just gonna leave it at that. Im gonna try and bump this message up again tomorrow just to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it.

PS. This is from me but Im speaking for Howler and Velvet also

PPS. If you know someone that donated or wished us well but doesn’t read this board do me a favour and pass this on.

[ 03-02-2004, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: bouche ]

I'm glad things are going better for you Dave. I hope you'll be around on March 26th weekend in Ottawa? I'm celebrating my birthday with any Ottawa Skanks that are around.

I've got you covered with ABB CD's. Just let me know which ones you need and I'll bring them to Ottawa for Andre to burn.

The Sloth was indeed speaking for me also. There are so many people to thank and I hope that I eventually get to thank and hug each one of you. This community was the sun that shone bright enough to break up some dark, dark clouds.

Thank you all for everything.

Archived