Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 03-13-03

Ms.Huxtable

What is the warmest welcome you’ve ever received?I have been welcomed into so many places in my life, and I try to be welcoming to everyone I meet as well. But the bar was raised this past Christmas, my first with the Bouchard family. I had met Bouche's mother, Myrna previously and we got along just great, but Christmas is a family event, so to be invited to spend it with them was very special for me. I expected to go mostly as a guest and observer of their traditions but they welcomed me into their family holiday like I had always been there. I was showered with gifts, fed a wonderful meal, and really treated like family.

This is not a unique for the Bouchard family. Myna's home has an open door for friends. It's really a wonderful to know people like that and be blessed with their love. It encourages me to spred it to others. I know several of you on this board will know exactly what I mean.

I've had plenty of warm welcomes in my life, from family and friends alike. My god-parents come to mind. The Cherry family also. However, I don't have a specific " warmest welcome " ever, but Myrna & Mark ( yes Bouchard brothers, that scallion of a father of yours has always made me feel welcome !) Bouchard are in my Top 10. I've been a lucky guy over the years, that's for sure.

That's nice guys. Geez, when myrna hears all the gushing, she's going to want to have a party!

Last winter, I hiked it up to Kitchener for the first time one weekend and was welcomed by Mark Tonin's family with incredible open arms. They are a pretty damn kind family and I couldn't have felt more comfortable.

Also, there's nothing like the welcome you can get at the Come Together Music Fest by the happy drunk n' high folks manning the gate at 1 AM !

Aside from family..always a great welcome then......

I'd have to say....

New Brunswick-Saint John-Greg Hemmings home.

Dawson City, Yukon - I needn't say anymore.

Grand Falls -NFLD,great people, who I miss alot there.

Support group at the Hamilton Regional Cancer clinic -Greatest welcome and acceptance I have ever felt. [big Grin]

when i used to travel alot, i found families who i will never forget. the batoz family in bosnia were the cream of the crop. they took me into their home and i felt like i was home. i'd been on the road for 3 months and they treated me like their own wandering child. they took me to their vacation house on the sea and all i could do was take them to dinner and send them a package when i got back home. i will never forget that leg of my trip.

hey, jaimoe.....don't you mean "mr. and mrs. bouchard"? and the bouchard's are REALLY high on my list as well.

in the spirit of shameless brown-nosing i'll hafta mention the willis-brennans (or is that brennan-willis') - two of the first people we met in the "big" city of K-town and they were more than happy to take us in, entertain us, babysit our dogs and introduce me to a whole new world of music...

we also drove the mrs. from her shanty on church street to her sweet digs on logan where i managed to "redecorate" the downstairs bathroom one calm night in the fall in a soothing technicolour sort of scheme...

i was also welcomed by some crazy-ass dudes in kangerlussuaq, greenland and by welcomed i mean the got me sufficiently shit-faced, etc...

i also quite appreciated my welcome here [big Grin]

Archived