Jambands.ca

Question of the day 10-25-02

Ms.Huxtable

Are you a gamer? What's your favorite video game? Do you like old style arcade games? New PS2 games? You hate games?

I lost a couple boyfriends in the past to video games. They would play and play and play and play and play and play....... I wasn't really a fan of gaming and just couldn't understand the appeal.

I recently had Ms. Pacman installed on my computer and have been passing some time messing around with that. It's fun, but really that and solitare are about the extent of my gaming ability.

On a resent trip to Toronto, Bouche and I stopped into an arcade and I was blown away by the variety of games available to play. They had skateboard simulators, dancing contests, sniper simulators (sorry) and the list goes on and on. I felt old and out of the loop. Those games looked fun but alas...no quarters had I.

So how about you? Opinions on games?

unfortunately you would have needed many a quarter to play those games.

if u noticed the cheap games in the arcade are now a buck, most two, and many five.

two expensive for my blood.

i have a ps 1 in my room. hasn't been turned on for a year or so. no vid games on my comp. takes too much space that could be used for valuable shn's.

my brother has the nes and about 35 working games. i wonder into his room every once and a while and take a trip through the 80's.

Once of his boxes, i think super mario 2, still has its original price on it; 89.99!!!!

wow

Guest Low Roller

I think the bigger question is console games vs. PC games...

I've been around both from an early age. I remember owning a VIC 20 system. It's hard to get more primitive than that. On the flip side I also had a Macintosh Plus, which sucked, but at least I had some quality games on it like Age of Empires and MacPlaymate (one of the first dirty games [smile] ).

Currently my favorite PC games are Civilization and Grand Theft Auto, meanwhile on console, Halo for Xbox.

I love video games, but I'm not much of a fan of PC games.. I'm not sure why exactly, maybe because I already spend so much time infront of this machine. But I definitely LOVE video games, what else can I say, my ideal date involves a lengthy trip to an arcade [big Grin]

• 2 years later...