Jambands.ca

A really sh!tty week...

CyberHippie

Guest Low Roller

I skipped the 40 Main party and Nero last night. I just stayed at home and chilled out. I read a couple of self-motivation books, and started packing some boxes for the move.

I think the last thing I needed last night was a big loud bender. It might've been fun at the time, but I think it would only compound the problems in the long run.

Well the week from hell is behind me, and I'm curious to see what the upcoming week will bring.

"Behind me is infinite power.

Before me is endless possibility.

Around me is boundless opportunity.

Why I should I fear?"

That's eerie that so many people in the area are echoeing how bad a week it's been.

I got broken into this week, got into my first "spat" with my wife since the wedding, and found out a cougar-bar is opening above The Underground (club I run). Not to mention a couple stock falls this week as well. And Ivan has been a bitch to my parents' vacation.

Whine, whine, whine.

At least I'm still standing.

This week was fine by me.This week was my first full week since starting back to work.After the year I have had,illness,fines,debts,two deaths,one family the other a friend & jail,things can only go up.

Hey Brody,

sh!tty news man,whats happened at 77 that they are becoming a cougar bar?

I was looking for ya last weekend at the Fat Cats....

Looks like things are turning around!

I had a great weekend, and I'm starting the week on a positive note, hopefully it won't spiral back down with work...

So not all of you had a bad week last week, but it seems like an overly high percentage did. I was wondering if there could have been some global funk induced by the tradegy in the russian school. Hell maybe it was the global funk that caused that tradegy in the first place... Something to make ya say "hmmmmm"...

Terrible start to the week already and it's only 8am... ugh...

Agreed.

This is why I am at home this morning instead of work...

Wiped out on the stairs around 7am and really did a number on my back,tripped over my nephews shoe doh.gif getting ready for a visit to the docs.

On the bright side it gives me some extra vodka & beer consumption time...

have my first Principles and Practices of Insurance test tonight...

ON the first three chapters of the book...about 120 pages...nothing overly tough, but i'll be studying for a good five hours today...

Yesterday we hit the best day on Hamilton Bay of my life....that was a bonus. If you like fishing, or like seeing beautiful pics of Hamilton Bay, check out the report:

http://www.ontariofishing.net/cgi/messageboard/data/18162.shtml

Last week I coordinated 5 events across canada, and attended two full days of a job fair in Toronto for my work. The stress of running things when you're away from Home Base was under control until I got back and found out that one of the event planners had emailed a really nasty message to my Director, complaining about my lack of organization, poor planning, etc. It didn't matter that the event went extremely well there because it left me feeling pretty much like human filth.

So yes, last week was a crap week for me as well. But it's looking up for this week.

Oh baby, keep talking geek and this sh!tty week will end with a bang! :)

hahahahahahhaa, you're hilarious, ms. hux! :: heehee

sorry everybody seems to be having a lot of crappy days in a row lately! yeah, last week seemed especially long & yucky for me too -- thank heavens the weekend more than made up for it.

hopefully this week will be much better than last for everyone -- hey, the work part of monday's almost 1/2 over, that's something to be happy about! :D

Hey Brody,

sh!tty news man,whats happened at 77 that they are becoming a cougar bar?

I was looking for ya last weekend at the Fat Cats....

Just saw this now, Esau. Club 77 is still standing, and as full-on dance-club as ever. It's the back-space to Club 77 that lies above the Underground. They've turned the back-space into a third bar in the building (entrance right beside the Underground).

The place is called 'THE DIRTY DOG SALOON'.

Coyote Ugly type concept. All female staff. Draft, bourbon & chicken wings basically.

My week (well, including parts of last week) has some sucky aspects. In particular, my oldest friends in Ottawa, a couple that got together 'way before I met them, and whose wedding I attended in '94, and who were my neighbours for a while (I bought a unit in the same townhouse block as theirs), and who were so "together" I think they started to look alike, have separated, and it doesn't look good. There's nothing I can do except offer to be there for each of them. :(

As well, my organization at work is getting re-organized, and nobody knows what's going to come out of it, except that people are going to come out of it, if you get my drift. What's worse than bad news? Waiting for news to come, when you expect it to be bad.

Aloha,

Brad

i hear ya on that last bit, brad.

i got an email from my dad yesterday saying that my grams is getting frailer and frailer, and it's to the point that she can hardly move.

they're all 8 hours away... my only living grandparent... i really can't just go with my new job, etc... so i'm just kinda waiting, which is probably what my grams is doing, too. boooo. ::