Jambands.ca

A really sh!tty week...

CyberHippie

i think the last time i was feeling this way was when mars was getting a little too close for comfort near the end of the summer last year... i usually chalk these things, cycles of feelings, whatever you want to call them, up to strange cosmos in the universe, although i have no real proof to put in my pudding.

I saw this really interesting piece on the Discovery Channel last week that highlighted a scientist that is measuring the world's collective consciousness called The Global Consciousness Project.

He's able to detect a global feeling of negativity or celebration by using some strange little random number generator that is duplicated through the world at different sites.

Normally, these things collectively generate totally random values that follow a predictable pattern based on probability. During global times of crisis, each of these things synch up! The values that are generated create a pattern on their little graph that basically reflects the global consciousness of everyone that is feeling the same way. They saw a major spike right after the NYC 911 tragedy as an example.

Here is a link that tells it a little better than I can...

The Global Consciousness Project

The Global Consciousness Project Official site

I saw this really interesting piece on the Discovery Channel last week that highlighted a scientist that is measuring the world's collective consciousness called The Global Consciousness Project.

yeah, saw that too... used to think a lot about that in my teens and early 20s when people seemed to come up with my great ideas shortly after I did... meditating on doses used to give me a ticker tape like hallucination where the tape was full of symbols I couldn't read, ticker tapes everywhere that flowed through everything... I believe in global consciousness, people who are more psychic than others probably get better at figuring out what the symbols mean and where they're coming from/going to

i think the last time i was feeling this way was when mars was getting a little too close for comfort near the end of the summer last year... i usually chalk these things, cycles of feelings, whatever you want to call them, up to strange cosmos in the universe, although i have no real proof to put in my pudding.

I totally buy that. Everyone has a bad day now and then, but this week is different. I've noticed trends like this is the past as well, but not for a long.

That Global Consciousness stuff sounds pretty interesting. A little surfing on that will be a fine way to wrap up the week.

yeah, saw that too... used to think a lot about that in my teens and early 20s when people seemed to come up with my great ideas shortly after I did... meditating on doses used to give me a ticker tape like hallucination where the tape was full of symbols I couldn't read, ticker tapes everywhere that flowed through everything... I believe in global consciousness, people who are more psychic than others probably get better at figuring out what the symbols mean and where they're coming from/going to

:: ::

Feelin' better now, Trevor?

I'm havin a good time out here this week, 0 complaints from this guy, last day at the ol'job, startin a new one next week, feelin pumped, might have something to do with being drunk by 1 in the afternoon today, but so be it, hope my love for this week is rubbing off on ya.

good luck with the weeks ahead.

Guest Low Roller

I had one of the hardest weeks in a very long time.....

First I said my final goodbye to my girlfriend on Wednesday, after she spent four days with me in Ottawa, before she leaves for England for four years. And now I just got back from my last day at work. It's amazing how everything has changed for me in the span of a week.

You're not alone Cyberhippie...

fall is a time of transition and that is always hard. i think the vibes are especially weird because we are not prepared for the weather to cool down yet since we never had a really bad heat wave. our biological clocks and our minds are out of synch. what really helped me to feel a little better lately was to relax and not do anything on saturday night. just stayed home and read the globe and mail, the kw record and cat's eye by margaret atwood. ate good vegan food all day and drank lots of water. oh yeah, and all this was preceeded by a healthy dose of yoga. feeling much better now.

and i am also really excited as i start my new job at the library tomorrow. woo hoo! it's so funny to see me in "librarian clothes" after wearing wonderfully old and beat up clothes and shoes all summer long.

hey i did almost the same thing last nite... well, i didnt read the same stuff, but i hung out and did my own thing, read some, relaxed some, ate well, brainstormed... it was good for me... this weekend when i've had time to myself it's been good, i've gotten some great brainstorming done and im looking forward to putting some of these plans into action... but i'll tell ya, when i've been at work over the last few days i've really felt the blood boiling, and those extra juices swimming around just making me upset. sometimes this place just kills me. like now, im at work, and i've run into many of the same problems i did yesterday (with the same employee), so here i am, just trying to keep my mind off of things for a few minutes... it's helping... but i have more paperwork to sift through, and i cant help feeling this is just the calm before the storm... hmm, maybe the power will go out and we'll all get to go home...