Jambands.ca

Hey Zero / Kung / whoever you are now........

AD

Your Golden Dogs moment made it into Chart Magazines most embarrassing moments of the year... Click here and check near the bottom of the page...

FOr y'all that can't click that, here's the quote:

(Question is what's the most embarrassing moment of the year for you...)

The Golden Dogs’ Dave Azzolini: "Kicking an a$$hole in the chest. No wait, I enjoyed that."

Heheheh.....

AD

it was definitely one of the funniest moments of the year, top of the hillside weekend for sure. seeing phil collins catch a boot between the eyes/lukes tits was a beauty. And Azzolini's banter right after that consisted of a warning to all the ladies in the crowd to stay away from the "phil collins shirt a$$hole...he has diseases" hehehe

i also just want to add that there is a little part of me thats rather proud of our boy kung for making ths list, indirectly as it is... its still a skanc on a list in '04! brings a tear to my eye. way to go, buddy!! ::

are you saying Kung was the receiver of the kick??? ::

hahahaha. I laugh in anticipation of your response. ::

just wanted to beat BradM to the punch:

Okay I really wanted to write all of this into a review but considering I am not likely to get around to that just yet here's the dirt. So basically the Golden Dogs are being touted as the next big thing much in the same way Metric and BSS were in their time. I didn't know what to make of the hype around them but as soon as they got going I forgot about my fatigue and just started flailing about up front. This digressed to the flipping the bird salute and the gladiator style thumbs down as an IRONIC expression of the joy I was experiencing. Seriously everything about my body language and facial expression would have described pure joy. Anyways it all seems like a dream now (more truly a nightmare) but effectively the lead singer guitarist Dave Azzolini points to me and I've got this sh!t eating grin on my face then he walks over to me and just fu©king hoofs me in the chest. Hard. It felt like the fu©king rock and roll baptism by fire. Of course I presumed it was all part of the act but when the lights came up and he announced to the entire audience (imagine 500 lesbians turning to glare at you simultaneously): 'Girls you see this guy in the Phil Collins shirt up front, don't touch him all weekend he's dirty, he's got diseases'. No fu©king kidding. Tungsten and a few others saw it all go down as did seemingly half of hillside as I soon found out over the weekend as the story made the rounds. Now in hindsight the whole thing fu©king pisses me right off mainly because the guy full on assaulted me and could have broke my fu©king ribs and moreover I didn't realize he was assaulting me at the time and would have reacted far differently. What a fu©king dick. What did he expect me to do the middle age lesbian watoozie for the whole set?

Oh and the write up of their set in the Guelph Mercury says little or nothing about their music and refers only to 'in true rockstar-in-training fashion Dave Azzolini berated a fan- allegedly sporting a Phil Collins t-shirt no less- for his rude reception of their performance on the island stage'. You can tell the writer didn't see it all go down because they likely would have mentioned that he kicked me in the chest or called me a dirty. Oh sweet sweet vengeance do not fail me now.

Yes it's all true. The earlier quote from me basically says it all. I have since made up with Dave Vazzolini, he gave me a big sweaty bear hug and drenched me in his own sweat (likely his point) going well past my homo-erotic threshold. Haven't seen them since that though. As mentioned in, urgh, another thread the most recent show I saw of theirs was unbelievable. I really love that fu©king band, that's basically what I told Dave 'how much do I have to suffer for your art!'.