Jambands.ca

Anybody for Kimock in Burlington, VT?

bradm

I was talking to Vermontdave on the phone last night, and the subject of people coming to see him and take in a show at (the revamped) Higher Ground in South Burlington, VT, came up.

I checked their calendar, which looks amazing to my eyes, but given what's happening up here for the next couple of weeks, and how it'd have to be a weekend show (and travel in the winter can be sketchy at times, with random snowstorms messing up the best-laid plans of mouse and men alike), there isn't much...until Saturday, March 5, when Steve Kimock in playing (show info).

Given that the show's only US$17, and Vermontdave says there's a cheap (like US$33/room) hotel nearby, and that it's Vermont, and that we'd get to party with Vermontdave, and that it's Kimock, is anybody else interested in going?

Aloha,

Brad

find someone who wants to see a guitarist as talented as Kimock, and go and see Metheny w/ me.

Willy is selling fantastic tickets. I'll drive. Saves ya some cash.

I understand you may not know who Metheny is, but trust me, if you like kimock, you'll love Metheny.

Check Kimock's list of influences...chances are Metheny is up there...

Steve

id love to buddy but i dont think i can afford a 75 dollar ticket these days with trying to save to move. Maybe closer to the date i could afford it but willy's tickets will probably be sold by then. Who knows i guess will have to see. Been meaning to spend some time with you and T lately, but have been so busy lately, but now that the holidays are over should calm down a bit. Hopefully see ya friday!

Sarah and I are going. As well- Reid Genauer and the Assembly of Dust are playing on the Friday night, so it's a great 2 night stand. We're meeting some friends from New England there. Looks like the University Inn and Suites are within stumbling distance to the new venue.

http://www.innvermont.com/university/index.shtml

http://www.reidgenauer.com/tour/index.cfm

http://www.kimock.com/frames/

just a tip, careful if you're young(ish) or look young(ish) and want to buy beer at a gas station, liquor store, etc. burlington has a STUPID, STUPID, STUPID law about not accepting out of state i.d... so you might need to shop around for it. i.e. if they're not going to accept your beer dollars, don't give 'em your gas dollars either! fu©kers.

I'd be so in... its a gorgeous place, awesome band, great road-trip...

'cept I've got plans...I'm supposed to be having a baby the next day :)

heehee... :)

Any other day though!

So I'm guessing Pablo won't be able to make the road trip, either? I mean, he could probably go, but I doubt he'd be allowed back... (And thus the "Pablo Sanchez / Steve Kimock Curse" continues unto another generation...)

Aloha,

Brad

KitKat perhaps you should accidently have young pablo or pabletta in the states thus granting the wee one a third passport... ;):)

Sounds like a phine night in Vermont. Have a great time all who make it :)

Unfortunately it seems impossible to get medical insurance for someone who is more than 7 months pregnant. I guess they don't like their chances of paying out. We had to say no to a Superbowl invite as well.

This time I'm missing Kimmock for a really really really big show. :)

• 2 weeks later...