Jambands.ca

Bizarre Moment of Saturday

Patchoulia

This pales in comparison to number2 being propositioned, but I'm going to share anyway:

Basher and I went to get our collective hairs cut on Saturday. We arrived at the salon, sans appointment(s), and were told that it would only be a few minutes wait.

In the meantime, Basher decided to nip in for a quick leg and bikini wax (don't judge him).

Anyway, as we were sitting there waiting, forced to peruse years-old copies of In Style to pass the time (Did you know Alicia Silverstone finds rainy days "icky"? Consider yourself edified), I found my eyes wandering in boredom.

My gaze wandered hither & thither...returning to a scintillating article on the importance of Feng Shui to one's pets...

Suddenly, my brain alerted me that something my eye had spied was dissonant, incongruous...(it was a very "one of these things is not like the other" moment).

I paused in my reading. I realized what it was that my brain had subconsciously registered. I thought to myself, "There's no way I just saw that."

But I looked again, just to be sure, fully expecting that I had misread the situation.

Nope, the brain was correct.

Seated beside me on the faux leather waiting room couch was a well-dressed woman waiting for her child to get his hair cut. Her son's friend was with them. His coat and her purse were between us. Her purse, a stylish clutch, was wide open.

Sticking out of her open bag and plainly visible to all was a plump baggie laden with big fat nugs.

Is this normal? Hip, urban mothers on Saturday errands--haircut, groceries, score...?

"How much for the haircut? Oh, one moment, I had my wallet a while ago when I visited my dealer..let me just move my giant bag of weed to the side of my purse..."

That's halarious! You should have asked if she wanted to go for a 'walk' outside while she was waiting.

I went to the dominion on queen for some bluegrass on saturday. We were smoking some herb on the street outside, I guess the wind must have been carrying the scent because this older dude (late 40's/50's) walks by and yells "Good weed!!??" My buddy replies "not really", which was a lie but he didn't want to risk having to share. Although I think the dude sounded pissed off, not sure if he was mad because we were smoking, or he wasn't.

Basher waxes eh? I never thought him to be a closeted metrosexual.

My 875 page treatise on all the things in Basher's proverbial "closet" is currently at the printer's. Copies will be made available for the low, low introductory cost of $29.95--if you order now, you'll also get a knife that cuts through pop cans!

Basher waxes eh? I never thought him to be a closeted metrosexual.

My 875 page treatise on all the things in Basher's proverbial "closet" is currently at the printer's. Copies will be made available for the low, low introductory cost of $29.95--if you order now, you'll also get a knife that cuts through pop cans!

You'll probably make a lot more money by threatening to send it to people, and having them pay you not to inflict it on them.

Aloha,

Brad