Jambands.ca

Reports from CTMF?

Basher

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just had a psychic flash that the fire is lit... thoughts are gettin lit... bodies startin to groove... tonin is smilin big... esau and show-whore are warmin up their shin kicks... things are starting to change... night is falling

[big Grin]

woofknhoo!!!

Wow! That was a GREAT weekend! Where do I even start?

Friday night was a beautiful kind of mellow as Friday night's usually are. Barefoot was quite enjoyable although I found it a little difficult to dance to with all the tempo changes. Perhaps I needed more 'tea'. Jomomma was quite dissapointing. Sound and gear problems plagued them to the point that they only managed to blast three songs before they got shut down.

Saturday, when it arrived, was awesome. The energy in the campground was swelling all day long in anticipation of what was to come. Wassabi absolutely blew the place away. What a terrific band. They produce, absorb, and remix so much energy I am completely in awe. I'm looking forward to seeing as many upcoming shows as possible: Certainly Evolve and Come Together Labour Day are on my list. Again, there were sound problems but they were overcome by the spirit of the music.

What can be said about Caution Jam in the Saloon?! It was Caution Jam in the Saloon. We all know that no one does it better. They were tighter than a tourniquet. I still have the echoes running through my head. The Saloon vibe was pretty mellow that night which didn't make for the wildest party but it was sweeter than sugar anyway.

Sunday you say? Well, to start, it was a "sun" day! It was great to see so many people walking around with summer coloured skin. Personally, I spent the afternoon sitting in the sun on the river bank. Very nice.

Night came and so did the music. The Slip blew me away once again. I stood three rows back and danced my ass off. The whole while shaking my head in bewilderment at the musical abilities of those three lads. If you have not seen this band; do so! Again, there were sound issues and I noticed some frustrated band members needing to make their own sound board adjustments.

Like that all wasn't enough to leave us with wobbling knees, Wassabi setup beside the large fire and played and played and played and played. I went to bed when the sun was up and my last thoughts were, "Wow, they're still playing and they still sound amazing." I think that Wassabi should become a mandatory booking for Come Together festivals!

So, to recap, it was fantastic. Thank you Mark and Rick for repeatedly putting on such a great festival. Thank you bands for doing such great job of entertaining us and sharing the energy of the party. Thank you everyone else for being the greatest bunch of friends to party with anywhere in the history of time!!! I even saw some lunatic with a disco ball on top of a VW van!

I do have to provide one piece of constructive criticism: Get a better sound system and hire a sound guy if you need to!! Is there anyone here that wouldn't support an extra $5 on the ticket price and have a "professional" sound setup? I sure as hell would.

Eternal love and peace to all!

I need a VERY long bath.

"Any breaking news?"

I hear the fries are good [Wink]

After you eat them, have some dill pickle chips for desert..............

SecondTube, well done!

See ya'll in a week, or a day, or a week day. I need some time to re-adjust the holes I have created in my head. My soul is nice and full though.

11:10pm Monday night and still given'r! I'm wired to the nuts, drunk as hell and going to bed. Thanks to everyone (too many to name), good effort all. Personal highlights for me:the weather, nero (as usual), Caution Jam in the Saloon, seeing the sunrise on Sunday, Punk's drunken walk to the van, Wassabi Collective by the fire pit (sick shit, seriously check it out!), Monday morning shenanigans, and going the 3 days and 2 nights straight without food or sleep. Great times, no sissy pants this weekend, great effort.

fun fun fun

i swear it expands exponentially every year, i think this yr. was the most busy ive seen ctmf.

i had a blast though, wasabi doesnt know how to say no, the slip was amazing

so the cops actually were there late last night eh?

CTMF was an absolutely golden time. Very hazy at times but for the most part a great fuckin ripper!! So nice to see and meet so many great people and of course rip it up proper with the Skank crew. Highlights for this cat are definitely getting to finally meet the Chatham Death Squad and having way too much fun hassling those damn hottub guys!

If I can bring one magical thing away from the festival I have to say that it was this! Unbeilevable

Wow! Thats all I can think to say... but of course I'll try spit out a few more things.. It seemed forever to get to May.. the count down lasted way too long and the festival , well it was way too short.. although if it lasted any longer I'm sure I would be cooked. The bands were amazing.. everyone brought so much energy, & good vibes... the moon was shinning brightly and set the mood to dance dance dance... It was great to meet a lot of you thanks for your smiles and hugs [smile] , and for an amazing weekend!!!

Well that was certainly a fun weekend! It was great to put faces to all the names, and my first trip to Frontier Town was definitely a memorable one. Hope to see a bunch of you at the ElMo tonight - It's been two days since I saw The Slip, so I gotta give'r!

Indeed a fantastic event... Its kinda haze to remember, but I do rembmer having the greatest time.... THANX frontier, you all kick ass.

OH, Thx to schmelter and little T 4 get me tipped right the f*ck out,... and to jay and christy 4 that wonderful pita... Best meal i had all weekend..... [smile][big Grin][Wink]

AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

A full day of sleep later, and I'm still orbiting planet Zorbcod!!

Great people + great tunes = another epic CTMF.....!!!

Great to see many old friends, and meet some new ones - great to meet ya paisley, MarcO, Jay Sansilo, stu-dog, my long lost twin Kung, bsherman (rematch?) and many others.....!!!! [smile]

"I came across a child of god, he was walkin along the road..."

well well well... what a crazy dream that was... non stop wonderment all weekend long... so many colors of fun...

yays, truly awesome meeting the Bouchards, Dr. Hux, del-head, Ms. Hux and well, the everyone... strange, wild and wonderous scene... WOOHOO to the whole mighty crowd, the amazing calibres of music on stage or by the fires, Uncle Seth's beer and the kaliedescope sky on saturday night...

thanks to all !!! absolutely the best of times !!

[big Grin]

Great to meet all you guys,and thanks to the people who reminded me that the pic was happening.I am pretty sure I was there for it.

A big thanks to my coach and the group of people she employed to make sure I remained standing for the weekend.

Also, and giant BOOOO to the jerk off who jacked my wallet and treats while I was passed out,made my buzz disappear.Although you werent successful at ruining my weekend though.....

Give'n 'er to gave'r back to Give'r [big Grin]

Bring on the shaker~

I will fully admit that CTMF kicked my ass. I have never seen a group of people party so hard for so long. I must have slept for 12 hours yesterday while trying to recover.

It was great to finally put faces to names although having the memory that I do, and drinking the amount that I had, I must have asked about ten times before getting them right!

That was definitely a weekend I will never forget. My first festival, and definitely not my last!

What an absolutely incredible time.

It was great to meet even more of you Skanks. Marco, Kung, Paisley, Mr.Pinchy and a few more I'm missing (sorry, my brain is hurting today).

The highlight of the musical acts for me was Wassabi Collective. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! This is transient percussion at it's best. I learned more than a few things from this great band, and despite the technical difficulties they had everyone grooving from the get-go. I hope to see them again very soon.

It was also my first time seeing The Slip. I just downed some fungus and Red Bull and was itching to dance like a mad woman, instead, I found myself concentrating more on the band and less on the boogie. That bass player was just amazing and the jazzy guitar was beautiful. So much talent.

nero, as always rocked my world. They pulled out a Come Together that made everyone smile. No cheese in it, just funky bass and squeeling guitar. As always, I want nero to headline. What can I say? I love 'em!

Highway Freeker played a late afternoon set. It was pretty mellow compared to some of the shows I've seen them do, but it was amazing and done so well. I wish it was night all the time so that they could have had more people out to enjoy them. I'm sure though, that Serena's sweet vocals permeated the grounds and spread the goodness to everyone, whether they were at the stage or not. If you're in Ottawa, they're playing this Thursday at Dekcuf, come on out!

Highlights:

- The size of the Skank photo compared to last year. I can't believe how many of you represented! Well done. Not to mention Skank city, it's soon going to make the map!

- The weather. Not one drop of the expected rain. WOO HOO!!!

- Wassabi Collective around the camp fire. I could hear them from my tent as the sun came up. They played me to sleep.

- Dr. Hux and Catphish ending the feud. You two are so cute when you're loving not fighting. [Wink]

- SCOTTIE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Tonin and his many ways of making me smile all weekend. Looking forward to the AMMF in two weeks. See you there.

- Rose Garland and Caution Jam bringing the Dead to the Saloon. Good times.

- Uncle Seth beer! Yummy.

- Mr. Musicface's participation in the campfire jams. That's what we've been missing man. That harp playing is unreal and so much fun.

Down side:

- That god damn hot tub on wheels stinking up the camp sight and giving us headaches. They shouldn't be there running a vehicle for hours on end just so people can soak in other people's three-day camp filth. Gross on every level. Get rid of it!!! [Mad]

- Sound problems galore this weekend. Almost every act experienced it in some form or another. Absolutely devastating for Jomamma (for the second year in a row, this happened to them last summer as well.)

- I missed Friends of Hefner in the Saloon. Wish I could have made it to that. Those guys are fun!

"You are off-roading on the road to recovery" Davey Boy

Quote of the weekend for me. It was so great to see everyone again (honestly to see the looks on people's faces when we drove in gave me all the energy I needed to make it through the weekend) And even though I opted for a place in the suburbs, know that it was for my own protection. I gaver as well as I could giver and return home feeling positive, soul refreshed (even if body is not) and looking forward to being back under the stars with everybody in July. So great to meet new faces, old names as well (sorry Mr Musicface, next time just grab me) Thanks again to the CMTF organizers. See you soon.

Archived