Jambands.ca

Wassabi Stealth Collective?

DoctorK

Ok, ok, I realize that it has been hard to find out where and when The Wassabi Collective is playing, but we're real busy. But, that doesn't mean we don't love you [smile] Please don't call us "The Wassabi Stealth Collection" [Frown]

Thanks to all who put the Ghost town gig together, we had a great time, on and off the stage. What a crazy and beautiful place to have a festival!

For those of you who want to get on our email list, and find out where we are, please send me an email, or email dialate@telus.net Make sure you mention you want to be on the email list, and PRESTO, you will be informed

Looking forward to Hamilton, Ottawa, Montreal, TO, Evolve, and all points in between.

Do something loving today...

Dr.K

I thought it was weak that no one from Wassabi Collective asked the Friends of Hefner if they minded you setting up your full drum set at the fire circle......it would have been one thing if you had just used hand drums or something, but you definately took some of the thunder out of their show (it did make for a lot of dancing room ) but I still think that it was WEAK.... USE YOUR HEAD, you wouldn't want anyone to do that to your show, would you?

Oh come on! Since when is more music a bad thing? I think that it was awesome that Wassabi played outside. It was one of the most magical things about this particular Frontier park. Having choices isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. The Saloon vibe is a special one, nothing will ever take away from that. The campfire vibe is a different one and having Wassabi playing there made it fantastic. If there were 5 bands playing around that we could see, it would be even better yet. I, for one, say thank you Wassabi for pulling an all night acoustic percussion jam out of your hats after 7 straight days of playing. You have so much energy, I felt blessed to bathe in it!

Eternal love and peace!

gimmie a break cully. By playing at the campfire for free, Wasabi put MUSIC as their #1 priority which the festival organizers clearly did not (as indicated by the scheduling and horribly lax sound). Hefner's had a monopoly on that saloon spot anyhow...

wicked, wicked weekend btw

What the F..K are you talking about MK? Monopoly??? I think you had a little too much acid this weekend..... Wassabi had a full set to themselves when nobody was playing. I just said that it would have been nice if they asked..... yes asking (which is being nice isn't it?) Just a thought.....

actually i was wondering if you could hear the drums in the saloon, my guess is not while friends of hefner were jamming, but maybe when they stopped u could. i was in the saloon for about half a dozen songs that night

im with willy on this one, i say more music the better, pretty soon if frontier keeps growing like it did this year they should put a stage up in the back 40 for those folks

wassabi, you guys really brought the party with you on that bus, your set was awesome, and the next nights drum jams were deadly as well, it was really cool u let my buddy sit in for a bit too.

really dude, who the hell cares, friends of hefner suck compared to wassabi, and i'll take lots of music any day, if 10 bands wanted to all pay togethere then it would jsut make it better, half of the fun of frontier town is being able to do what you want to do, obvusly wassabi saw a wicked oppertunity to entertain all the people who couldn't fit into the saloon or didn't want to be in there, so chill out man

Sounds like friends of hef need to get a grip.

I personally found the salloon to be constricting all weekend, which is why i barely spend any time in there...

Wassabi's throw down around the fire was amazing....

Cully grow up, are you in the band or something? You are making the band sound like whiners, which i dont think they are....

But whats this about wassabi stealth collective?

I am not in the band, nor do I represent any of them. I was just making an obsevation, which I think I am allowed to make....this is not a wassabi vs. Hefner debate....I never wanted it to be. Don't tell me to grow up.....thats weak!!!!

Okay, maybe "grow up" is weak. But let's not bring negativity to something as amazing as a world-class band taking it upon themselves to share what they have to offer with everyone at Frontier out of the goodness of their souls in the spirit of a good time.

Nice job of Friends of Hefner in the Saloon. Nice job of Wassabi to give us an all-night free show at the fire. Find your scene and enjoy it.

Love and peace to all!

didn't see anything goin wrong over the weekend... Sunday night seemed great to me, the sounds all blending together and bouncing... bit of this, bit of that... I like Frontier for its lack of rules and rigid structure...

no complaints here... the energy last weekend blew me away, I'm still feeling it [big Grin]

I spent the night walking back and forth between the two showing support to both.

I dont think that the friends of hef. would

complain too much and i'm sure they , had they not themselves been playing would soak up the wassabi vibes as much as they could. Wassabi created an atmosphere that allowed all of us to jump into the music.. tell me that isn't what frontiertown should be all about...

It was awesome to have 2 great choices to close out the weekend's festivities. I thoroughly enjoyed both.

It was a treat to actually have some room to dance in the Saloon, especially when F of H was laying down the funk!

It was magical to be able to dance under the moon and stars around a fire to "Acoustissabi".

What an awesome weekend!!!

Having said the above, there was a noise complaint on Monday morning stemming from the Wassabi drum jam, which may lead to the rule "no late night kick drums around the camp fire." [big Grin]

Peace, Mark

I thought that after The Slip, I would hang around our fire and jam a bit, and then go to tent.

However...I think Scotty walked over and said "Wassabi set up all their stuff around the big fire" and I was freaked! I had to go check it out.

It was utterly amazing. A full on outdoor impromptu acoustic tribal rave was happening with fire-spinners ta-boot!

I came back to our fire, and then Andre comes over to Hijack a drunk Dr. Hux and I to the Saloon. I was thinking....aw shit....there goes more sleep.

Friends of Hefner were inCREDible. They sounded sooooo perfect. Is the addition of the singing girl new? Evangeline...wow! so pretty. I turned around to see the Punk just loving it. I think he was CRYING!

I made a deal that I wouldn't go to tent until I got down to their 5-8-77 Dancin' ... and it came up. THe entire saloon was having a blast in there....wassabi didn't affect it AT ALL from my perspective - except for a less-congested atmosphere.

I eventually left the saloon only to find myself at the Wassabi fire-party again. I had a hard time pulling myself away from it, but I managed and then peacefully went to sleep to their hypnotic rhythms.

I like the idea of having options....the outdoor thing was brilliant! I think it would be too bad if that sort of thing didn't happen again.

Jamz Here!

I too was impressed with the Wassabi drum rave. It was a nice surprise!

After The Slip, I knew that The Friends of Heffner would not top that for me. I was thinking...

"What the hell does one do after that"?

And just like that the answer spilled out of the glow from the fire and Wassabi was heard. Without thought I grabbed my drums n' didg and I was gone.

I know the crew from F.O.H. very well! They are all musician musicians and I assure you all that they understand!

As for Friday June 13th... Three words

WASSABI / DIDG JAM!!!

Cheers folks, and thank you all for making this May2/4 what it was!

Peace!

Jamz out

Archived