Moses Mayes Hamilton show...

kc

Watch Out:

opening act:

HPDCover.jpg

High Plains Drifter

10:00 PM

http://www.dayrolean.ca/highplainsdrifter/

High Plains Drifter is an original groove/funk and world-beat ensemble whose live performances have been captivating audiences across Atlantic and Central Canada. Showcasing funk, jazz fusion, and Afro-Cuban rhythms, High Plains Drifter's original material displays an innovative blend of such influences, creating a highly infectious and danceable genre all their own.

Well,after a quick phone call & some begging...I was able to round up a Sony MD for recording this show.So,it looks like I'll get this one afterall.emthup.gif

Well I'm sorry to hear your equipment is all busted Esau, that really sucks a lot. But I'm really happy to hear you'll be taping the show against all odds. You rock brother!

just a warning too you there esau, grant spins the records, but in good fashion, hope you enjoy it otherwise, the horns are great.

Cheers & thanks for that heads up.I obviously didnt hear the whole disc at ctmf or perhaps the disc I thought.Either way,I'll check it out.I'll be able to set ya with an ftp hook up no problem.

Ottawa got the poop kicked out of it last night by Moses Mayes. Heck, their sound check alone was insanely funky, and once they got going, it was purely pummelment. They layered the rhythms, so that you could dance different ways to it, depending on which set(s) of patterns you followed, and their musicianship (esp. their guitar player and their trumpet player) is top-notch sick. If you're in Hamilton and like the funk, go to this show.

Aloha,

Brad

Well due to some circumstances beyond my control I wont be making this afterall.I need to get a a full 8 hours or more of sleep tonight (..which is always hard for me) to be full strength tomorrow morning for the rest of the tests,not to mention I have to fast (again) for these tests.

Thanks Brad,nothing to serious really,just alot of blood work..and after staying up sorta late last night and getting the tests today,it appears I need do them (some) again.Kicked the crap outta me today for some reason (lack of sleep I assume).

Good news is,after almost three years without a family doc (which for me was not wise) I now have one.No more walk in clinics and begging the cancer clinic for help.:thumbup:

Anyway,enjoy the show folks,if it was my MD recorder I'd just drop it off at thje club,but alas its not.