Jambands.ca

New Slip Album - Update

guigsy

from theslip.com

New Album Update

On March 11th, after a good hibernation, a trip to Kyoto's Temple of the Demons of Venus, and some fun foreplay at the home studio, we began to record our latest collection of songs. With engineer and co-producer Matthew Ellard (Billy Bragg and Wilco, Elliot Smith, Morphine) at the helm, we've ceaslessly worked to assemble 11 fresh tracks. Some songs you may have heard, while some of our favorites were new to us at the onset of the session. There was a week spent in Cambridge, MA at Q-Division Studio, and the remainder was recorded in an old paper mill with one mic, a trash can, a xylophone, guitars, banjo, basses and plenty of thunder. We're now letting all the notes settle and it will be mixed and mastered in mid July. More updates coming soon.....

for all you 'Children of December' fans out there, they got a spiffy new freshly polished studio version up on the main page now... sounds good.. wish brad would belt it out a little more, though.. but it's sung pretty similar to the sirius set, for anyone who has that.. maybe this'll be a little taste of whats to come?

new Zeroes sounds good. i really miss the belt out for "OHHHHHHHHH when you're born in..."

i think this album is going to kick ass like a military grade ass kicking machine

ETA: i see Del knows that Zeroes was a better title.

Edited by Guest

My preference absolutely is when he takes his voice the octave higher, but this sounds excellent. well, shitloads better than the live versions of this lower octave style.

Agreed. The problem when he sings the lower octave live is the band seems to lose all energy (see Sirius recording as Guigsy mentioned). Sing it low, but keep the tempo up! Can't wait to hear the rest of this.

I think that is the second studio version they did. Feels like it was about a year ago but I'm not sure. If it is on the new record it would be a different one than this. Thought you might want to know. I think I'm right, I'd have to compare them more closely.