Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

I'm in the middle of my first listen of the new BSS. Definitely in need of a serious concentrated listening ASAP! It sounds so far so good. So far, it isn't chalking up to the greatness of YFIIP. But of course that takes time.

I completely disagree... After the first listen I thought it was just as good as YFIIP, now I think it's even better... 7/4 (Shoreline), Hotel and Bandwitch are the standouts for me right now, and the rest of the album stands up equally as good if not better than YFIIP...

i think i like FGL more because i prefer instrumentals and it had an influence on my writing to some extent.

as for listening i'm on the old Valley of the Giants. anyone dig them? they're grrrrrreat. GYBE! meets BSS with some other stuff. tits.

tits indeed! i've only heard bits and pieces of it but that album sounds so good. theres a song on there called "claudia and klaus" that i really like. i ended up buying it off of the a&c website for $1.99 to put on a mix. :) i've always been mesmerized by the sounds of an orchestra tuning itself when the players first pick up their instruments. (there's gotta be a name for this part of the performance.. anyone?) anyways, i like that song cuz it reminds me of that.

4EC5CB3C5A994C00A96AAE61B483F9BA.jpg

Featuring:

Joe Louis Walker

Buddy Guy

Little Charlie Baty

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown

Steve Cropper

Otis Grand

Robert Lockwood Jr.

Taj Mahal

Scotty Moore

Matt "Guitar" Murphy