Jambands.ca

Good Vibes Needed for Calamity Jane

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Twunt! hahah! That IS a good one Deb!

I'm soorry you had a run in with a complete imbecile. I mean, 1 month into Ottawa and you have to experience a putz with a car. I'm sure though that it will be the last time. Odds are is that you'll find that Ottawa drivers are dicks, but not dangerous like T.

Take this as a great excuse to empty your reserves of Wine Exchange wine and we'll be thinking of you and Dave while we continue on with ours ;)

all my heart warming wishes and loves,

mike

Update: We opted to go down to the Winchester hospital last night, just to get a more triangulated, solid medical opinion, and x-rays. The latter showed no skeletal damage, and the former was, well, at least another opinion. It did get her some kick-ass sample knock-out drugs, though ;).

I couldn't believe it, though - we got there and there was one other person in the waiting room. I had to go to Toronto Western (on Bathurst) last year with an acute ear problem, and spent seven hours before I could see somebody. I could have driven all the way up here and saved myself some time (and had better music to listen to)!

Thanks for the update, Dave. I'm glad to read that things are looking good for Deb as far as no long-term damage. Hopefully the aches and pains will go away in the near future.

I couldn't believe it, though - we got there and there was one other person in the waiting room. I had to go to Toronto Western (on Bathurst) last year with an acute ear problem, and spent seven hours before I could see somebody. I could have driven all the way up here and saved myself some time (and had better music to listen to)!

Wow ... things here in the Waterloo Region are more like what is happening in Toronto ... ridiculously long waiting times. Fortunately I haven't personally had to deal with this lately (knock on wood), but I've heard and read numerous stories from people that have had incredibly long waits in emergency waiting rooms in this region.

Peace, Mark

WOW!!! Three days away from a computer and I miss all this? Sheesh! :(

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your scare and achy neck. You poor thing! Please be sure to take very good care of yourself. Seriously, take it easy. I didn't realize how badly whiplash could fuck you up long term until my accident 2 years ago. I still see a physiotherapist, a cranial sacral therapist and a massage therapist regularily. Your insurance should cover it and that's what it's there for. If you end up with permanent soft tissue damage the aches may never go away. GO SEE SOMEONE NOW!!! Oh, and keep on using that jacuzzi. ;)

I'm so freaked out that you could have been seriously hurt. I am SO pissed off that the (allegedly) wasted lunatic escaped unscathed. Sunday was the 12th anniversary of someone very dear to me dying as a result of a drunk driver. We have a whole lot to be thankful for. I sure am thankful for you, Deb! :)

Take care kiddo.

The thanksgiving Jam @ Joni's 'mousepad' was sending vibes east Deb...what a complete pain in the neck...I am interested in this...remedy you have inadvertently discovered though. Let the good Doctor take care of you and we look forward to cosmically sending your absent seagull to places less comfortable than Home!

Hope you are feeling ok Deb! Having whiplash sucks!

Last year I was rear-ended at an intersection and my car was pushed into the middle of the intersection. It's very scary.

I remember my whiplash hit a few hours later. Very sore for a few weeks. I remember trying to dance at a show and it was impossible and I was grumpy so I left.

I think they suggested cold instead of heat.

Take it easy on yourself

big hug.

A-ha! I havent been online since friday, and had no idea what you meant, Deb, when I asked 'hows it going?' at slowcoaster and you grabbed your neck with a pained look. I thought you were pretending someone was hooking you away by your neck for a minute. anyhoo- I hope you're ok! !

A hahahahahaha!!! How many other people out there think I'm tremendously odd, instead of just a little off-kilter??? That's really funny, GM, and you were probably too polite to go, "WTF, Deb?"

hahahahaha -- oh, stop, it hurts to laugh!!!

Very sore for a few weeks. I remember trying to dance at a show and it was impossible and I was grumpy so I left.

yeah -- this is what I'm most bummed about - the Smokestack show just around the corner and all.

But remember that thread about the healing powers of LSD??? Hmmm, time to experiment (again), I believe.