Jambands.ca

2 Names

guigsy

Johnny Cash - as badass as they come (came). how bout that scene in NDH where he's singin at the piano with dylan? no wonder everyone's grandmother wanted to stick her tongue up his ass.

Ryan Adams - Hank 2005. i love how he's managed to take that old country sound and somehow give it a fresh new spin. yep, im one of those folks who's "just discovered" ryan this year, and im kickin' myself for not paying attention sooner... my personal "artist of the year" - he's really tapped into something that i can identify with. he may be fucked, and damn near close to being written off, but he's the best therapist i have these days.

that is all.

for now.

You should hear the Dylan/Cash sessions that comes from.

As for Ryan Adams..meh,I dig the alt. country sound,but he's still to pop country for me.

[edit to add]

In all fairness I have to say the only albums I have heard are the ones I have,so maybe he's changed it up since those,I dunno.

'Gold' & 'Heartbreaker' are the two I have.

Edited by Guest

Kanye West - clever, intelligent rapper from the jigga set. yes, he's been in the pop charts for a while, but i didn't take notice until the new common album came out months ago (produced by k. west). conscious rhymes, funky beats, and good humour too. worth a listen.

dj krush - i have renewed interest in all things krush. smokin' beats fer sure!!

Adams - I am completely unapologetic about jumping on his bandwagon this year. To be frank, I think his back-catalogue blows and is inconsistent at best. And the dude comes off as a prick taboot. But Cold Roses is a fucking masterpiece, especially disc 2. Who knew he had it in him?! I haven't bought JCN yet, can't wait to hear it.

Cash - Bad ass, confirmed.

Esau, I suggest you give them a test ride. BIG difference from Gold (if you ask me) but I have yet to hear Heartbreaker.

Well,on your recommendation I listened to 'Cold Roses' (on iD1G1T.com),its more tolerable then the two I have but still does nothing for me,seems like he's trying too hard.(if that makes sense)

Oh well,the guys obviously talented,popular & doing well.Can't expect to win us all over I guess.

If I come across 'Jacksonville City Nights' I'll be sure to give it a listen also.

:) i listened to storytellers with my carpool to work the other day. they both borrowed it that day for a second listen. i've had it for a few years and i still gets steady rotation. good call! funny thing, on the way home i played dj krush and toshinori kondo, a hiphop/trumpet combo cd and shawn borrowed that too. i gave him zen, another krush cd today. heh.

on a side note, i've been carpooling with 2 others and its great. i only drive once or twice a week now, and save soooo much gas!

i've heard so much praise for Ryan Adams but i dont think i've ever heard the motherfucker. but if he's being compared to Johnny Cash i'll pass. i can't get into that stuff. both my brother and father love Johnny Cash but i find him downright boring. oh well thats why i dont listen to it.

i still might check out ryan adams.

maybe

Guest Low Roller

Ryan Adams- Heartbreaker... Not bad at all. I've never listened to this guy before until this morning, and I wasn't immediately revolted when I did. He reminds me a lot of David Gray.

I guess that Booche isn't senile yet after all.

Don't forget about Ryan's old band Whiskeytown. Some of his best stuff is from that era.

Adams was just 20 when Whiskeytown's first album was released - " Faithless ". I've heard it and it's excellent.

Esau, you should like Jacksonville City Lights. It's pretty darn country, with the " alt " completely removed.

Here's a link to All Music Guide's Whiskeytown reviews and bio:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=ADFEAEE57E1DDD4BAC7220C093294DCD8B79CD0BDF4FF6AE162F5E58DDBC3D068E027BFD6FF2DB96D7A727F535AEFF31A55910D1CAEE53B0DD66373885E4A760284F36&uid=CAW030510131058&sql=11:fvfoxq8gldte~T2