Jambands.ca

Quitters-enter...cigs...

rubberdinghy

I have been a non-smoker "unofficially" since Jan 6/2006, officially, since last weekend. Here's the scoop. In these past 2 and 1/2 months I have cracked 4 times...I know, I am a horrible person. I have not smoked a full smoke, only drags, and I hate to say this, last weekend, I actually went and hid at "that place" to take a few hauls off a smoke I stole from FBTS, sorry dude. You know how hard it was to find a lighter there without asking? (i even looked under the couch cushions!)

ANYWAYS....why hasn't my wicked smokers hack gone away, is it due to the fact that I have cheated 4 times? karma? or should I just start smoking again...no one loves a quitter you know.

This is gonna be a tough weekend!

ANYWAYS....why hasn't my wicked smokers hack gone away, is it due to the fact that I have cheated 4 times? karma? or should I just start smoking again...no one loves a quitter you know.

I've quit several times, once for 4 months, but the hack doesn't leave. For the first little bit it seems to get worse for me then goes back to regular, then I quit quitting.

Good luck dude, it's fucking tough, I still haven't had the willpower. Don't worry, you'll make it.

Good Luck with the quitting, i reckon im still smoking until were settled into the new house after the wedding at least.

Right now im doing a Lung Cleanse because for the past few weeks i have had one hell of a cough. not your regular smokers cough, but a whooping dry tear-yer-throat-out kinda cough. so my girlfriend works for the company who makes this lung cleanse, so ill try it out i say

works like a fucking charm!!! sure you cough up some lungbutter for the first few days but man its nice to breathe now.

asthmatics have been known to get off the puffer with this here cleanse. not just a shameless plug here for my G/Fs co. here, i relaly like it, and it REALLY WORKS!

this is disturbing

An important study completed at the University of California estimated that most city dwellers inhale approximately 20 trillion particles of foreign matter a day.

yeah... I openly snuck drags at "that place" last weekend - but I too was going to snag a smoke from someone and go hide, but decided against it.

Next time find me dingy and I'll support you....or support the lighter to light "our smoke"

hahahahahah

this weekend will be tough but we'll make it through.

2 mths in without any drags or even being around smoke, and I had a couple of days of incredibly disgusting stuff come out of me. I thougth I came down with something, but I realized that it was 2 mths since I had quit, so i must have been a purge.

My chest had that needles feeling and everything.

I"m sure that taking drags and such is prolonging it.

Right now im doing a Lung Cleanse because for the past few weeks i have had one hell of a cough. not your regular smokers cough, but a whooping dry tear-yer-throat-out kinda cough. so my girlfriend works for the company who makes this lung cleanse, so ill try it out i say

works like a fucking charm!!! sure you cough up some lungbutter for the first few days but man its nice to breathe now.

asthmatics have been known to get off the puffer with this here cleanse. not just a shameless plug here for my G/Fs co. here, i relaly like it, and it REALLY WORKS!

I'd love to find out more about this stuff. Does it have to be ordered online, or is it carried at any retailers?

it goes away. i quit almost two years ago now, and trust me, it all goes away.

if you can, hang in there. wait until you can start to smell again, start to taste food. your clothes don't friggin' reek, your house too. think how happy your body is not smoking in tons of disgusting toxins. smoking is fuggin' disgusting.

but really, it's all mind over matter. hopefully you'll have the conviction to stick with it.

good luck!

Edited by Guest
confused, again.

bouche: i dont think that they have any stores carrying their stuff right now, its all mail order. i can vouch for the goodness of the lung cleanse, it fucking rocks!!! mind you im on day 3 of the 7day, and i havent used my puffer in 2 days, pretty damn quick acting stuff, im loving it. if i can take half the dose, every other day, and get off that damn blue puffer, ill be one happy happy man!!

anyways, here their site, they have all sorts of herbal cleansing products. i really dig the shampoo as well

woops, put up the USA link

http://www.herbalcaredirect.com/index-CAN.html

Edited by Guest

Tooly: yeah...I don't like orderign from teh states. Mainly because of UPS and their insane brokerage fees. It seems like this place uses UPS so there's no way I'd order from there if it's coming from the states. Any idea on that? [color:red] (just discovered a page that states that Canadian orders ship from ontario or BC warehouses...that's good)

They also have a Colon cleansing kit that doesn't even require you to take 3 days off so you can be near a shitter.

I'm almost 2 years since i quit also. I found it helpful to recognize the "habit" ones. ie., after eating, getting in the car, red lights etc. Learn to fight those ones for the five minutes or so that the intense urge is happening. Drinking water helps here. Once those habitual smokes are controlled, the other "in betweeners" are easier to ignore.

Tooly: yeah...I don't like orderign from teh states. Mainly because of UPS and their insane brokerage fees. It seems like this place uses UPS so there's no way I'd order from there if it's coming from the states. Any idea on that? [color:red] (just discovered a page that states that Canadian orders ship from ontario or BC warehouses...that's good)

They also have a Colon cleansing kit that doesn't even require you to take 3 days off so you can be near a shitter.

well im honestly not too sure where the shit gets shipped from, i mean my woman works there, in burlington, outside of hamilton, and she brings me home free stuff all the time, she would be the one to ask about orders. id imagine they get shipped to canada from canada.

apparently the colon cleanse is the shit ;)

It never hurts to sustain a healthy level of outrage at tobacco companies, too - not least because they bred out every interesting psychoactive property in the plant but its addictiveness (and "addiction" from a Latin word meaning "to be a slave to").

Grrr, I say. Just think of this guy every time you take a drag:

tl_aug21.jpg

okay! the woman is here! anyways, for orders in Canada, we ship from our Canadian warehouse, here in Burlington. For US orders, we ship from our warehouse in Buffalo.

Alot of the stuff we carry is quality stuff..especially the liquid cleanses and whatnot. Liquid is absorbed way faster. You can order over the phone as well, which some people prefer to do...#1-866-399-3313. I answer the phone or Laura and I am pretty darn knowledgable about the products but also about alot of other health/herb/nutrition stuff as well, and we will answer pretty much anything you wanna ask! Man, some of the Americans treat us like we are their doctors! we do have to draw the line somewhere!

Just as an aside promo...if you order more than 1 thing, it is free shipping. If you order 3 of one thing, it is 10% off and if you order 6 of one thing, it is 15% off.

Check out the site! It is really informative either way!

Canada http://www.herbalcaredirect.com/index-CAN.html'>http://www.herbalcaredirect.com/index-CAN.html

US http://www.herbalcaredirect.com/

The lurker comes out for a chime in.....

Since this is one of the things that I have accomplished in life that makes me super proud I have to say that I was my own worst enemy and my greatest supporter.

But it is the personal dedication to that mattered in the end to me. I.e. it was the time I finally quit and never took a cheating drag and said so from this point forward- no more and stuck to it- counted every milestone and never looked back. Once I'd made it like three days without a drag- I thought that was great and then I made it to three weeks and then three months and although I was a bitch and for some reason I have now substituted the awful habit of chewing my nails instead (at least it won't kill me as fast!)- I couldn't be happier to finally be rid of that chain addiction. And certainly there are enough bad exposures to my lungs in the air around me that I can't control so I might as well try to help where I can.

Anyway- long story short- as a quitter as well- you have a major support in it from me- and I always say if I could do it anyone can- CAUSE I LIKED TO SMOKE- just ask howler.

So here’s to anyone on the board currently trying to make the change….

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

yup Groovey liked her smokes more than mayhaps myself....but man she appreciated them like vintage wine lovers appreciate excellent wine...while me...I allways kinda hated them which is wierd considering how hooked I was....at least it taught me that I'll have to wait till 80 to dive into heroin....mmm my 80s are gonna be sooo dreamy.

yup if groovey and I can quit...ANYONE can.

:)

Hypnotisms pretty cool if like me the will power evaporates upon craving....nothing like a little re-imprinting and its soooo relaxing.

thats how my step-ma quit, hypo-therapy. her and my dad went, she took to it and quit right away, my dad didnt like it, didnt quit for another year or so, he just woke up one day and quit. that was about 10-15 yrs ago, and i still hear him coughing stuff up every now and then