Jambands.ca

Trey, Mike and the Duo setlist

bouche

I don't know how to chime in at this moment but the 'unified building' remark strikes home.

Funny story. At the after party we end up staying up all night doing whatever then drop acid in the morning, I end up making the beer mission to the store around the corner and at 11:05 in the morning, on a full head of acid, scooting by perversely garish Hungarian florists what is playing at the Beer Store?

Shakedown. Yep, 'maybe you had too much to fast'/'just gotta poke around'.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mattyp..... i guess saying old school phish was maybe goin to far. It was more like some of the jams were more no holds bar, and ready to be takin anywhere, instead of a more of a signature jam. I dont know dude, hard to explain for me I guess. It seeemed like they were havin such a blast and it showed.

well im a few days late, but thats what i get for not hooking up internet at the new house yet.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE what a show!!!!!

my sis gave me and mel wedding present tix, which she passed on, being the VERY generous gal she is, let me and sanislo go, seeing as we would have more fun that way, her exact words. and we sure as fuck did.

traded my ZZ tickets plus 50$ for 2 Row C tix on the way in, amazing seats, 3 rows back from the first orch pit seating. great seats, but we didnt sit once. It takes some reallllly good jamming to get me dancing now that im an old bastid, but i danced for the whole set, loved every second of it, some of the jams sounded like early 90's phish jams, that noise jam in sand(i think it was sand, one of the early tunes) kicked my ass.

i think the only bummer was losing a few grams of boomers and 3 or 4 fatties, they just fell and i lost em.

great venue, great show, id go see em again in a heartbeat.

anyone else catch this? when they were playing on the road again, i heard a guy, probably from the same section as the WINNIPEG yeller, anyways, theyre playin on the road again, and this guy yells "Give us a winter TOUR"!!! and everyone around us that heard it started laughing and cheering.

we can hope right?

awesome to hang out with all youse guys, specially bamma man, backbacon, timmyB, always good to see you too, bouche, ms.hux, been ages, good times.

You have some nice shots too, phishtaper!

I had a good time at the show. I agree, the excellent Sand opender was worth the ticket price!

My buddy Kev and I raced from Chatham to TO, only to miss all of the duo's set... but just in time to take in all of the intermission. I thought the show started off very strong. It started to wear on me though... oh here we go... another 'raging' jam. I think the show overall lacked direction an depth.

I enjoyed hearing that arrangement of Mike and Trey with the Duo. Russo's drumming definitely brought a great rock element to the show. I wasn't too impressed with Marco's keyboarding that night. It seemed, at times, he was searching for something interesting to lay down but just opted for more of the same speedy finger banging.

Our seats were lower section, Row S, but at the edge. I was jealous of the folks in the middle who actually had the lights shine on them throughout the show. I can't seem to get quite as connected when I feel like I'm outside looking in on a show. There's a difference between standing in the dark at the edge and standing in a luminous wash of ever-changing psychedelia.

Also, I would have been content if the encore ending after These Eyes... just seemed like they were pushing it further then they needed to.

All in all though, an enjoyable, satisfying night. Debated on hitting the afterparty... I knew it would spell trouble for me though! :D