Jambands.ca

recommendations on the best breakfast place in ottawa, on

RobL

How do you define "best homefries"? Because you could go to the Royal oak for sub-par breakfast but tater tots as the homefry if you like that sort of thing.

Stoneface Dolly's homefry is a bit like a mashed homefry but it's got spices and what not in it, it's good. Mello's in the market makes the good old fashioned shoestring homefry and you can ask for onions on top. Louis' out in Gloucester tosses their homefries with powdered chicken stock...it is disgusting but some people love it.

My old all-time favorite breakfast place in this city was a spot called Baker's Street Bar & Grill. It had the best everything for years and was on Elgin at Frank. It closed down years ago, but has just reopened in Westboro where Gentle Annie's used to be. I can only hope it is as good as it once was.

Other than that, Stoneface Dolly's on Preston, of course.

My old all-time favorite breakfast place in this city was a spot called Baker's Street Bar & Grill. It had the best everything for years and was on Elgin at Frank. It closed down years ago, but has just reopened in Westboro where Gentle Annie's used to be. I can only hope it is as good as it once was.

It received a positive review in this month's Ottawa City magazine, for what that's worth. Never been myself.

• 3 months later...
woof, tried Cora's for the first time today (work thing). awful. lukewarm potatoes. tough aspargus. english muffin not toasted. coffee bland. hollandaise sauce not hot enough

Which one? I think there's one opening near me (across Richmond Rd. from the Lincoln Fields Mall), and having had some good meals at Cora's in Montreal (esp. the one on Avenue du Parc near Sherbrooke), I was thinking about trying it when it opens.

Aloha,

Brad