long walk home

badlands

E: girls in their summer clothes

state trooper*

?*

born to run

dancin in the dark

american land

*w/accordion and vocals from arcade fire, i don't know the people sorry :)

fun night. buuut i wish there'd been more 'hits' though, or anything from the river album...sniff.

my highlight was the section from reason to believe until promised land, and the long encore :)

Edited by Guest

Did anyone at the Ottawa show have problems getting in? My mother and stepfather were there, and called me from outside the venue within an hour of the scheduled start of the show, saying that the gates hadn't yet opened. Once they were let in, they were told that there were some delays in getting "set up". I know the show wasn't affected at all, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what was up.

for any fans of Springsteen near the Hammerton you might want to check out Peter Case at Pepperjacks Wednesday night (<- link to Case's bio)

Springsteen has said in the past (Rolling Stone mag) that the music he was listening to predominately was coming from Case... described as "an important American singer/songwriter specializing in the flat-pick guitar style and semi-autobiographical stories of drifters delivered in a narrative style."... personally unfamiliar but sounds like a musician's musician, am intrigued

for any fans of Springsteen near the Hammerton you might want to check out Peter Case at Pepperjacks Wednesday night (<- link to Case's bio)

Springsteen has said in the past (Rolling Stone mag) that the music he was listening to predominately was coming from Case... described as "an important American singer/songwriter specializing in the flat-pick guitar style and semi-autobiographical stories of drifters delivered in a narrative style."... personally unfamiliar but sounds like a musician's musician, am intrigued

Interesting. I'll have to check out some of his tunes (can't make it to the shows this week). Looking at his tour schedule on his website, he's in the 'area' today and could be a possibility as a guest apperance?

http://www.petercase.com/tour/tour.cfm

No, we showed up and drank in the lots until 7:45. We walked right into the show, right down to the floor, and were quite surprised at the amount of room to move around. We were in front of the soundboard with a clear view of the stage, had loads of room to boogie and had at least 2 or 3 beers for each of us the whole night.

As far as we could see there were two GA sections, one that they let the first 1000 into who had the bracelets and then the second. It didn't impact our experience at all, infact it probably helped because there was no push because people knew you couldn't go very far.

By "we" I mean Guigsy, moeron, gmonkey, robdebob x2, velvet and phorbesie.............

The whole event exceeded my expectations.

Sean

The Arcade Fire peeps were Win Butler and Régine Chassagne, and the song after State Trooper was Arcade Fire's "Keep The Car Running"

I'd like to hear this. It was a breakout for "State Trooper" (first E-Street live performance since 1984 supposedly).

I can also completely picture Springsteen covering "Keep The Car Running" too (one of the only Arcade Fire songs i am really familiar with).

We were in front of the soundboard with a clear view of the stage

well that sounds nice. i couldn't see shit.

As far as we could see there were two GA sections, one that they let the first 1000 into who had the bracelets and then the second. It didn't impact our experience at all, infact it probably helped because there was no push because people knew you couldn't go very far.

i feel like my experience would have been so much better if we could have gone up front and picked up on some of the energy coming from the stage.

i didn't think the show was worth the $. (for me)

Edited by Guest