Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, yes, it was great. I was listening to Bill Waters on the radio yesterday and he was going on about how Berger does a good job, but can drive you to drink.

Actually, you may not get all the clips, but Wilson hasn't dissapointed in his handling of the Toronto media. He's had some real gems.

Spezza should have gotten an extra 2 for "unsportmanlike" for trying to break the illegal stick by stepping on it, and then trying to exchange it on the bench...

There was funny comment that Ron Wilson once asked Teemu Selanne for a gamestick after a game against Anaheim for his nephew when he was coaching the sharks. Teemu gladly signed one and gave it to him. Two weeks later, Wilson challenged the curve on Teemu's stick during a game and got the call... DIRTY!!! lol... Teemu has never forgiven him they mentioned...

Spezza should have gotten an extra 2 for "unsportmanlike" for trying to break the illegal stick by stepping on it, and then trying to exchange it on the bench...

There was funny comment that Ron Wilson once asked Teemu Selanne for a gamestick after a game against Anaheim for his nephew when he was coaching the sharks. Teemu gladly signed one and gave it to him. Two weeks later, Wilson challenged the curve on Teemu's stick during a game and got the call... DIRTY!!! lol... Teemu has never forgiven him they mentioned...

Dirty, but great move.

• 2 weeks later...

Gerber is dirty

The Leafs will be without goalie Martin Gerber for the next three games, an absence that will certainly put a strain on the goaltending situation within their franchise.

The club learned this afternoon that Gerber received his three game sentence for pushing, then shooting a puck at an on-ice official in the dying moments of the third period in Tuesday's 3-2 shootout win over Washington.

Curtis Joseph, who came on in relief and performed splendidly in carrying the Leafs to the win, will start Friday night in Buffalo as part of a plan the Leafs had for him last week.

Gerber was to start a game at the Air Canada Center Saturday night against Boston, but it appears that start will now go to the Marlies' Justin Pogge.

Leafs coach Ron Wilson said Pogge would be summoned to fill the void left by Gerber. But Pogge has been performing well this month with the Marlies in an intense drive for the playoffs.

After Saturday, the Leafs won't play again until Wednesday when they host Philadelphia.

Gerber's suspension was automatic under NHL guidelines, but the player and team had the right to appeal. According to the Leafs, there will be no appeal of the suspension.

We were extremely fortunate to be able to get to a friggin' Original Six matchup on a Saturday night in Toronto a couple of nights ago. Man, KILLER seats too right behind the bench. Damn, I could get used to that ;)

Darlene, Jack and I went and had a blast. Six goals in the first period. Shit, Pogge and Fernadez were like a pair of sieves :D We were right behind CuJo and were trying to convince Wilson to put him in :)

It was wild seeing Chara up close to. That man is a GIANT! Crap, he'd be scary to be on the ice with. At one point the Bruins fired a puck into the Leaf bench. Pissed them off of course. Then the trainer turned around and motioned to Jack. He lucked out and got a GAME PUCK. He seems to get a puck whenever he goes to a game! Lucky little guy.

Bruins are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs as they seem to be getting on track again.

Thanks again to our TicketAngel! We owe you big time. Here are a few shots of Jack, CuJo and the puck

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

That reminded me of what we saw in MTL. After the warmup, CuJo heads to the dressing room and gives his stick to one of the young kids wearing a Leafs jersey. He turns and leaves and then turns around and motions to the kid to come back and give the stick to him. Obviously the kid must have been thinking

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I just thought I scored a stick from CuJo!"

Well, what CuJo wanted to do was sign it for him which he promptly did. The kid headed up the stairs with his dad as happy as a kid getting a used stick from CuJo.

Signed.

Total class.

Solid performance again from CuJo. A number of game savers at the end of the third. Good to see him going out this season on a high and havin' fun. Big smiles from him as he's 1st Star.

Burke, please don't get rid of Ian White. Lovin' his play and heart.

Philly looked tired, out-of-synch, weak, pathetic. I have never seen such a timid Flyer team performance before. We'll see if they wake up at home on Friday. Then see what's left of the Leafs to play The Habs on Saturday. Looking forward to some fun games i hope :D