Jambands.ca

Dave Lauzon, Eccodek and Nawtiks Collingwood, December 6.

allison

Thanks to some friends who put up the loot so I would do this again this year..very broke and very gun shy of events right now.Huge thanks to the musicians involved.

n535935362_4811626_7871.jpg

After 10pm tickets are 10$

A bunch of us get together at 6;30 for food, wine etc...55$ covers everything.

A young friend of mine will also be playing during the "dinner" hour..

Mark Harris

"I am 20 years old.I aim to write songs that entertain, educate and persuade. I think there is an interdependant relationship between the audience and the performer.

I serve food at a restaurant named George. I live in my moms basement on a blowup matress, and I'm a highschool dropout.

One day I wanna do something."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=101244688

Nawtiks

"The concept for the group was to take indian musical elements and then mash it up with whatever styles would go along with it. Our basic philosophy is that we dont care about the genre, we just make music that sounds good to us. If you listen to the entire album, there is a little something for everyone. Hip hop, Drum n Bass, House, Techno, Alternative, Acoustic Rock, Acid Jazz, Breaks, R n B, Bhangra, Triphop.... I dunno what else to say... its all there."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=89109462

Dave Lauzon

As one Sonic Orchard attendee (thanks Philip!!) described him... " a wicked ,genius guitar DJ wizard".

"moments of nostalgic beauty and otherworldiness. Multidimensional, this music integrates height with depth, plays between whimsical and seriousness, moves between longing and being, dances with both joy and sorrow and invokes emotional participation from listeners."

http://www.myspace.com/davidlauzon

Eccodek

"bone rattling bass, spaced out production, hypnotising grooves and soaring exotic melodies are all here, taking on a fierce power when presented live by the six piece groove juggernaut"

"crossroads where global groove, dub and electronica meet"

"visionary blend of downtempo grooves, tribal electronica and world dub"

http://www.myspace.com/eccodek

THE FOOD

Soup and Artisanal Breads

Garden fresh organic field greens wrapped in a cucumber ring

topped with tomatoes, crispy julienne carrots and red onion.

New York Striploin An exceptional 8oz New York striploin

specially aged a minimum of 28days for extra tenderness

served with chef’s potato and seasonal vegetables OR

Californian Stuffed Chicken Oven baked chicken, stuffed with a delicious blend of Californian apricots, bacon, shallots, fresh herbs and cheese served with seasonal vegetables and chef’s potato OR

Grilled Vegetable Phyllo Grilled sweet bell peppers, eggplant, zucchini and asparagus, wrapped in a crispy shell of phyllo pastry oven baked and topped with a roasted red pepper sauce served on a mountain of wild rice***VEGAN AVAILABLE

Assorted cakes and pastries.

A selection of red and white wines will be served with dinner.

Looking forward to a night of great music (and food) in Collingwood tonight!

Earlier this week it looked as though I'd have to choose either Neil & Wilco or Lauzon in Collingwood.

I so enjoyed Dave's set at Sonic Orchard that I was leaning towards that option - luckily I am able to go to both!

8-9pm Mark Harris

9-10 Nawtiks

10-11 Eccodek set 1

11-11:30 Nawtiks

11:30-12:30 Eccodek set 2

12:30-past 2 Mr.Lauzon

Very negligible set turnovers as everyone is set up in slightly different areas through slightly different systems.

You can come anytime you like after 8.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!