Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

God bless the Leafs for buying him out.

::points and laughs::

It is a laugh, considering the Leafs are paying him $1 million a year to play in Colorado. Then they honour him in the middle of the game, which inspires his team (the visitors) and himself to get a goal shortly after :P [color:purple]The Leafs EARNED their day off today.

I dont even need to bring up how much Komisarek sucks this morning!

[color:purple]He just loves to highlight how amazing the Leafs PK is again this year.

Really, why bother having black text in this thread right now?

[color:purple]The Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Leafs really this bad?

Indeed they are. Name a worse group of forwards. Answer: you can't. Their D can't be this bad though. It doesn't help that their goaltending sucks. I'll give you that "The Monster" looks like he has some skill, but the other three (the two on the Marlies) aren't going to steal you any games.

Problems?

#1 Goaltending = atrocious (like Jaimoe said, has potential though).

#2 Goal scoring = forwards are total underachievers right now

#3 Defence = not living up to it's potential at all

If they're gonna put Domisarek on the ice, they might as well just send him straight to the penalty box. I've never seen someone take such consistently stupid and ill-timed penalties in so few games before.

When the Leafs get Kessel back, they'll have just one forward that can be considered a first liner - although on Boston, he was mostly a second liner. The rest of the forward crew are legitimate 3rd and 4th liners. This ain't gonna change in the future either, which should be scary for Leaf fans.

Kev, you forgot one.

#4 Coaching = not holding players accountable, see Komisarek's bad penalties

He sat Hagman and Stajan out of last night's game - two of their best forwards. He sits down defensemen too. I'm not a fan of Wilson, but he's not afraid to ruffle a few feathers.

Kev' date=' you forgot one.

#4 Coaching = not holding players accountable, see Komisarek's bad penalties [/quote']

He sat Hagman and Stajan out of last night's game - two of their best forwards. He sits down defensemen too. I'm not a fan of Wilson, but he's not afraid to ruffle a few feathers.

Stajan, at least, seems to respond to being sat. It was almost exactly one year ago when he was last a healthy scratch and he played like the devil when he returned. Let's hope the same thing happens again this year.

WoooooHooooo!!!

Leafs are the ONLY team in the NHL without a WIN !!!!

They now lead the league :)

Come on Leafers in Vancouver ... show up on Saturday and let 'em know how you feel ;) Please wear paper bags on your heads.

If they come back winless on this road trip I swear I'm going to buy a carton of paper bags and hand them out at the ACC at their first game back.

Hey Fan 590 listeners,

What's the vibe like in TO these days? Are they calling for Burke's head or what? Whose the whipping boy on the Leafs? I can't even imagine what Bob McCowan's take is on this team. Fill me in!

At least with Fan callers, there is no one whipping boy; the whole team is bad, especially the forwards. Burke is safe and there aren't any whispers about Wilson's future, but a lot of this rides on his role in the upcoming Olympics.

McCowan and his roundtable all seem to agree - no shock - that there is no way the team can get out of this hole - now or in the immediate future - since the Leafs don't have any NHL ready prospects and none of their current forwards are first or second liners, other than Kessel. Who can they trade? No one wants to take on Blake's contract or diminished skills.

If you want to check in on Bob's 2nd and 3rd hours of his show, it's on every day on Sportsnet.

No one wants to take on Blake's contract or diminished skills.

Komisarek'd

Ha! At least Komisarek can score ... wait ... that was on his own net ... d'oh!

I skipped through the game on the PVR last night. They showed a bit more hustle and did much better in many aspects, however they still can't fuckin' score. Sure, Luongo was good, but come on.

Next up, the Ducks ;) Quack. Stick the Leafs on the "It's A Small World" ride at Disneyland and DO NOT LET THEM OFF until they promise to show up at the next game. Send 'em back after they don't.

Edited by Guest